Revert Bite of Tashani to pre-consolidation effect and cast time

Discussion in 'Casters' started by mmats, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Ninelder Augur

I know it does, but it also takes up another mob buff spot. Malo is similar but better in every way including overall raid DPS and is not just instant cast and targettable but also includes its relevant boost without taking up an extra buff slot.

Its not apples to oranges; its green apples to red apples. Unless you can think of another AE debuff any other class might have that would be a better comparison.
    Lannin likes this.
  2. Brohg Augur

Tashan's Lingering Cry offers a nearly-unique SPA483 boost, without counters or limits, impacting all of Fire and Ice and Magic and Poison and Disease and Chromatic and even the rare Physical spell damage. The boost stacks with Malo's magic-only focus, Foliage's fire-only focus, Breath's cold-only focus, Absorbing Agent's poison-only focus,and even Tash's chromatic-only focus.

Perhaps that's the comparison you'd be happier with? Juxtapose Tash casting, unresistably and between real spells, with the cast times of those, and bringing the value-laden Lingering Cry at the same time.
  3. mmats Augur

You resurrected this thread to suggest a 90 second recast frontal mez negates the positives that an instant cast BoT brought? It seems you have spent to much time in a large guild where you have many people to fall back on when youre playing slow and inefficient. Its unreal to me that you cant fathom more than 8 mobs in camp, or that you might need to ae mez more than once every 90 seconds. You also dont recognize the inefficiency of casting BoS then rotating through the mobs to "SINGLE target tash and remezz" as you describe. Why wouldnt you just follow up with ae tash and a different ae mez?

The greatest thing about instant cast BoT was that there was almost no scenario where your team would be casting on mobs before they were tashed. That meant less resists and more dps. But now we have to decide between mezzing or tashing as the first step.

Its very simple, enchanters are now WORSE at a primary function by taking longer to get groups of mobs tashed. Devs could simply make this version of BoT instant cast, but we all know that wont happen. Other options include reverting BoT, or allowing us to buy the old BoT AA and share the timers so we have to choose which one we will use.

And thanks but I think I will pass on the offer for a master class from the 3 stooges of Bristlebane.
    Lily and Brohg like this.
  4. RPoo Augur

[IMG]
    Lannin likes this.
  5. Verily Tjark Augur

I'm gonna get with the other 2 stooges and see if we can take our act on the road.... coming to a server near you!
    RPoo likes this.
  6. Kamilah New Member

I just came here to say I still really miss my instant Tash. Although I can work around, it's not ideal. Takes valuable cast time, I should be getting to other things. If there are any changes being considered for enchanter, please consider this.
    kizant, Brohg and mmats like this.
  7. Tanise Elder

I miss what we never had. A single target AA tash so I dont have to memorize the damned spell.
    Kamilah and Brohg like this.
  8. mmats Augur

Agreed. And its an easy win for the devs to allow us to buy the old BoT in addition to the new one with a shared timer. This would allow them to charge us additional AA for a well-tested ability we already had for years, and it would give players the flexibility of choice they want.
    Kamilah and Brohg like this.
  9. RPoo Augur

I would totally use the the instant version and follow up with the cast time version after mez.
    mmats likes this.
  10. Fian Augur

I would also like the instant cast tash back. Without it, I gave up my PBAE spell/macro, because what is the point of an "oops, I am in trouble" button, if it doesn't always work?

I do, however, appreciate having an option to cast my best tash on all mobs near me. I use that a ton. So ideally, we either get an upgrade that is also instant cast, or we get another AA that is instant cast while also keeping the current AA.
    mmats likes this.