Will we ever see a Progression server with ALL classes from day one?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phinster, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Phinster New Member

I know I know, everyone has some idea of the perfect progression server and these threads pop up all too often.

The one that I'd be the most psyched for would be to include all classes (NOT all races) from day one so beasts and zerkers can experience the early expansions in era, rather than the usual which is to twink them out and powerlevel through empty zones to catch up to their guild.

Equipment already drops.

Would it be more difficult than simply flagging them available and flagging class trainers to spawn? Epics can remain locked to the appropriate era to keep things simple.

Neither class is going to throw anything out of balance in early expansions. It's not like asking for DKs in WoW Classic or anything.

Anyone else with me on this?
    Xanathol and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Magic 8 ball says "No"
  3. Aegir Augur

Have fun playing a berserker in Classic....
  4. taliefer Augur

i think it would be. moreso beastlord maybe, but the classes are actually itemized for everything but plane of sky quests

doubt it ever happens, but itd be a neat twist
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Meh, plenty of classes are weak or not particularly fun in classic, not everyone wants to chop and change between FOTM classes and would rather just play the class they want from day one instead of waiting a year or more.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  6. LDEffectsMe Augur

I would 100% be on board with this idea. The developers already went back and added armor sets and epic 1.0's for these classes, they should make a TLP server where they are enabled from day 1. That would be awesome. Can always Race change later... Class change? Not so much.
    Xanathol and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  7. Scruff Elder

can confirm that beastlords in classic are a lot of fun, project 2002 originally launched with beastlords available in classic-onward and it was pretty effin neato. there's even kunark and planar sets for them!
  8. Gronns Lorekeeper

all race/all classes would be cool
  9. Traktur Elder

A server starting in Kunark with BL and Zerkers from day 1 would be popular.
    9-10 week unlocks and you're golden.
  10. Alikat Lorekeeper

Add in some of the weirder missing class/race combos that aren't added in til Velious too. Like halfling rangers and gnome paladins.
  11. Aegir Augur

Beastlords won't be able to complete 1.0 until Luclin.

Berserkers won't be able to complete 1.0 until Velious.

Even if people in here accept these terms when starting up a bst or berserker before these expansions unlocks, there will be a huge forum quest/spam for making these epic quests available to be completed in Kunark once a server with that ruleset reaches that era.

Looking through the last couple of years 1.0 forum posts and the feedback on those done by our Epic 1.0 loving Devs, I don't think you'll see them adding that kind of re-work to those quests within the top 100 of their to-do list.
    Dythan likes this.
  12. Machen New Member

Congrats, you got your wish. The new server starting in HoT will have beastlords and berserkers from the get-go!
  13. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

The 8 ball has failed me for the last time. /em throws it in the trash
  15. Xanathol Augur

Why do people feel the need to do that? "You got your wish" when they know what was announced was not what anyone wished for. Starting in HoT is just another completely missing the mark type of decision. DBG leadership is again making questionable decisions.
  16. Machen New Member

Oh come on, don't be so pedantic. It is hilarious that the new server offers precisely what the OP asked for. Whether Daybreak is clueless and misguided in offering this new server is beside the point, as regards this thread. (FWIW I agreee that they are.)
  17. Zanarnar Augur

They announced a new server with all classes available from classic? Unless you have another way to "experience the early expansions in era", I think your as bad at comprehending the content of their post as DBG is in inferring the desires of their player-base. I guess if you just read the title and not his post ... but this isn't reddit.
  18. Machen New Member

"to include all classes (NOT all races) from day one"

That is what he actually asked for.

The part you quoted is his purpose for asking for this. That's why it starts with the word "so". It is the grounds and support for his request, but it is not his request.

As it so happens, the early expansions on the new server will be HoT and VoA, and berserkers and beastlords will be able to enjoy them in era!
    Dythan likes this.