Rare Named Charm

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nebby, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Nebby Lorekeeper

Thank god they made rare named immune to charm. I am all for this change
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Xanathol Augur

Now they can roll back the limits to dispelling charm. Otherwise, those jerks whom charm PHs for 'fun' are going to continue to do so.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. JimboBobJimBobJimbo New Member

They won't because dispelling charm is used for griefing.
  4. krimmett Lorekeeper

Nah, I like having non dispellable pets. So idiots cant dispel them to challenge.
  5. Nekromancy Elder

I don't think they have another option except to revert the dispel change before the next TLP.

People being able to run off with placeholders forever is really bad. Oh nice they charm my PH. In 17 minutes I can attempt to kill it again before they re-land another charm!

Good luck with quillmane in classic.
  6. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

There is a small handful of degenerates that play MMO's that thrive on other peoples misery. Hopefully this change will help honest players enjoy the game again. Now they just need to do a few passes and ban those individuals that trade in hate and grief from the game.
  7. krimmett Lorekeeper

People came onto these very forums and begged for changes to be made about charm/gate and charm stealing. Now they have done what people have asked, going against almost 20 years of normalcy and countless TLP's, and you twits want to also be able to dispel as well? This isnt just trying to have cake and eat it too, its trying to own and eat a freaking bakery. Making rules that effect the present based off of a TLP that we dont even know if/when they are launching it, is ignorance at its finest.
    NoWay likes this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Welcome to TLP. Where the fickle, angry masses demand a never ending cycle of a “classic” experience, and yet also demand all the modern conveniences of the live game.

And when changes made to accommodate that playerbase impacts the entire game, why should they care? They got what they wanted.

Great times.
    Moldar and Dythan like this.
  9. Xanathol Augur

Except the first few chances made were not what the people were asking for. People were asking for ways to prevent nameds / PHs from being charmed and then gated / warped. Preventing the warping / gating was really all that was needed to stop the griefing, but other options were taken first, which has lead to this circle of requests.
  10. krimmett Lorekeeper

Incorrect. People were complaining about charm/gating and charm stealing, and THEN offering their opinions on what would solve that issue. DBG tried fixing it the first time but it didnt work. Then they tried again.
  11. Moranis Augur

I don't think Quillmane will be much of an issue - I would wager a bet that even the most toxic EQ players need some legit reason to lock down a mob like that. Holding down the Quillmane PH literally has zero benefits other than to irritate players...someone might do it for an hour, but otherwise, it should be a non-issue. At least the jerks who were charming AJ were trying to profit...but holding Quillmanes PH captive is relatively meaningless. As a side note - I also understand that merely saying something like this will prompt a "Hold my beer" moment in some peoples heads.

Now, holding down PHs in zones where you can legit EXP and hold that mob for a while - i.e. any number of LGuk / Seb / Chardok mobs - could be bad.
  12. That0neguy Augur

I guess the TLP players should start jumping on the live threads and complaining about how the live players get stuff nerfed as well. For example the recent changes to TL's in combat. Thanks live players for ruining the game for the rest of us!
    NoWay and Xanathol like this.
  13. krimmett Lorekeeper

Personally, I think they should allow cothing players without breaking pets back into the game, since named mobs cant be charmed anymore. With charm no longer dispellable it doesnt make sense for COTH to break a charm seeing as you can no longer charm rare mobs.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Indeed.

Could you link me the FQ thread where live players demanded the change you’re referring to, though? I’ll wait.
    Moldar likes this.
  15. That0neguy Augur

Doesn't matter if you requested it or not. You are still the reason for the change. Same exact thing you are complaining about with charm here.
    Meridian likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Considering I was literally talking about player demanded changes, it absolutely does matter.
    Moldar likes this.
  17. Moldar Augur

Yes let's see this post about LIVE players wanting to remove Translocates during combat from the game...
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

His point isn’t totally wrong - there are instances of live, player demanded changes that hit TLP adversely, too.

But it’s a molehill vs a mountain, to anyone with eyes.
  19. Moldar Augur

I do not recall reading any of these particular discussions is all, so I was genuinely curious
  20. Hadesborne Augur

Let's be truthful here please. The change to allow pets to warp to their masters came about in 2012. The change to make mobs lose aggro based on distance happened around that same time. SO, it wasn't 20 YEARS. It was 7 years at the most.

Like the melee damage revamp.