Producer's Letter: Late Summer 2019 [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 21, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Community Manager

Hail Norrath! My friends!

We’ve had a thrilling first-half of the year thanks to you! After the 20th Anniversary game shenanigans and the thrill of the Comic-Con Museum exhibit in San Diego, we got right back into working on the next expansion coming this December!

Speaking of which, here’s a sneak preview of one of the as-yet-to-be-named-and-announced locations in a very icy place that may feel vaguely familiar.

One big difference? After 20 years EverQuest finally has an ice shader! It might seem silly, but those kinds of changes to a decades-old code base are significant and I’m so proud of the team! We hope our fans enjoy the chill!

[IMG]

[IMG]

And here are some frosty giants!

[IMG]

Speaking of expansions, when we release in December, we will be going up to level 115! With that in mind, last year’s expansion, The Burning Lands, is 50% off starting August 21. Go to everquest.com/expansions and prepare for level 115!

Earlier this year, I mentioned putting together a fan event which we are exploring for next year. We have a survey here we’d love you to respond to here: LINK. We want to get an idea of how many players are interested and a couple of other questions. Please participate if you are interested in hanging with your EQ friends and family!

Also on tap this year is EverQuest II’s 15th anniversary on Nov. 9 which we will support in EverQuest with a new take on a progression server. Players will start as Level 85 Heroic Characters with experience gain at the same rate as live servers. Content up to the House of Thule expansion will be available at launch with expansions unlocking every 2 – 3 months. We’ll release more details as we get closer to that date!

For all those folks on the Mangler progression server, get prepared for the Scars of Velious expansion to unlock on August 28!

Also, the mystery Troll Heritage Crate is now available in the marketplace with armor sets, mount and more. I’d advise plugging your nose, eyes, and ears before opening one….

And finally, Labor Day is coming at the end of the month so look for an in-game bonus that weekend, ahem. Double down!

Until next time, Norrath, which won’t be long, I promise you!

Sincerely, as ever,

Holly “Windstalker” Longdale
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

OMG, HoT server in 2 months, SQUISH!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Kloven Elder

The chill of Kael keeps me coming back to enjoy the next TLP...
  4. Diptera Augur

With regards to the linked survey, question 2 asks "Would you come alone or with others?", and none of the answers say "Alone".
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Wuddane Elder

Holly,

Shame on you for posting those screenshots while the servers are down. You just sent me into super stimulation mode and I can't even get online to smack some baddies around! I guess my neighbors will have to do for now..

Damn those frost giants look cool.

Edit - Servers came up as I made this post, good job...you saved my neighbors.
    eepok, Gyurika Godofwar and tyrantula like this.
  6. Cimbaeth Elder

This all sounds great! Also, it was so nice to meet you at the Museum event in San Diego Mrs Longdale. I hope that some of the EQ merch ideas that people were chatting about come to fruition. I just have one small.. well complaint about the heritage chests. There is usually a rare illusion in these chests, and some people get them right away and then others like me.. I have spent almost 10k station cash (that i had saved up) trying to get the wood elf heritage illusion and never did. I've also tried every time it's been available, lol. If heritage crates or buying them could have some sort of "you buy this many, you get credit towards a loot of your choice" that would be easy to program and so many franchises have player buying rewards like that. It gets to a point where the system is too unforgiving as it is. I never did get that illusion.
  7. Silver-Crow Augur

Why a new server starting at HOT. would you not just be better enabling free heroic toons on Phinny, since the server has only just finished HOT,
    Boze, FubarEQ, TLP Addict and 2 others like this.
  8. tyrantula Elder

Kael!

With 50% off TBL, I may have to buy a few copies for my alt accounts....
    Cazmac and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'll be making the trip solo!

You're welcome!
  10. Metanis Bad Company

Thanks for the update Holly.
  11. sdeco Lorekeeper

Will the next expansion include TBL ?
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

That has been fixed now! It looks like it reverted to an older save, should work now!
    Cimbaeth likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If your going I want to go too!
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

When new expansions are released they include all previous expansions but NOT the collectable items in old expansions.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hi Dreamweaver,

I do not see the TBL expansion for 50% off yet. Do you know what time the discount goes live? Thank you!
    CatsPaws likes this.
  16. Travestii Elder

Velious and Fanfaire, tasty treats!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  17. Newepoch New Member

Wow! That looks so cool! Both the ice shader and the frost giants! Thank you devs for always taking care of EQ with fresh content! I really appreciate it!! I don't know how to feel about yet another new server though. The regular servers' populations are getting thinned out as it is. I always see people complaining about that in global chat. Pearhaps merge some of the older standard servers?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Cazmac like this.
  18. calianeeye New Member

I'm STOKED !!!!!!!!!!!!
    eepok likes this.
  19. Strumph Augur

Thanks for the screenshots of the new ice and the giants!

Hopefully we get a post for what's in the troll crates and some SS.
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

Looks like it should be live now.