Frosty Gem of Enhanced Protection

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coas, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Nniki Augur

It does. You can follow the AC calculation instructions Dzarn posted and see that it matches up with what's in your inventory window.
  2. mackal Augur

The client calculates your actual AC values now. They should match exactly what gets shoved into the combat functions now. (Or AFAIK that's why they split up the values and if it's not, it's broken, I think :p )

So put the aug in a non-shield item. Record values. Put aug in shield. Record values. It should be higher in the shield.
  3. Sobmre Augur

What i meant was, it seems there are different sets of chests that pop, one set if you win the animals event and one set if you fail. the gem only seems to drop in the set if you fail.

i did the raid every time it was up for over a year on different toons. then i failed the event like someone told me to and got the gem on the 2nd try. then repeated the same result for other toons.

I'm just saying that can't just be bad luck
  4. Xanathol Augur

On live (a while back now), I farmed this event every week for well over a year before seeing this aug drop (it became a 'thing' in my guild). Then again, I am certain you guys have anti-Xan drop code in the game, so there's that.
    Prathun likes this.
  5. Baldur Augur

You are completely wrong, it is just bad luck. I have gotten the aug multiple times when the animal event was successful.
  6. Coas Lorekeeper

Had the aug drop a few days ago after completing all the events, animal event included. Took about 4 months of fairly consistent killing of the raid, lost track of # of runs. Sounds like the RNG hates some of you more than me!
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Don't wear any!
    Prathun likes this.