Frosty Gem of Enhanced Protection

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coas, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Natal Augur

What about gnomes? Does the presence of gnomes adversely affect your chances?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Prathun Developer

If they're sitting at the chest's spawn location when it tries to spawn and if it has an anti-camp radius, then yeah, you're gonna have a bad time!

It's always a bonus to have a gnome in the group because gnomes are their own reward.
    Cadira and Bahdah like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

And tasty too!
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

[IMG]
    Drogba and Duder like this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Meat on the hoof is of some worth I guess?
  6. Rowanoak Elder

Can confirm frosty gem can drop if warder part is not failed.
  7. Xorsazis Augur

Grilled Cheese sandwiches should be a guaranteed 100% drop rate on all the best items.
  8. Jadenpain Scholar

I did the raid for a year straight then got it 3 times in a row.
  9. Sobmre Augur

I dunno, i did the raid many many times a few years ago and it didn't drop till i failed the one part. and this wasn't the only instance of this......quite a few people say the same thing.

every time ive ever got the aug was if i failed the animal event.
  10. Prathun Developer

You can fail the animals event or wear your socks backwards if you think it'll help.
    Yinla, Thunderkiks, Ssdar and 6 others like this.
  11. mackal Augur

The only thing that would make that possible is if it was possible to manipulate the RNG state, and even then, it's probably a rather astronomical task (gear changes could affect how one has to manipulate the state, someone missing a rebuff etc)

Plus that would require the RNG state to be known. Which I do not think is really possible :p (I feel like I remember there was an issue fixed a few years ago where instances had the RNG state the same on fresh boot or something, but even then, sounds unlikely one could successfully manipulate the loot drops)
  12. Derresh Augur

What if I already wear my socks backwards? Should I then wear them forwards, or am I already ahead of the curve?
    Prathun likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm Could this lead to a new illusion? If so, what kind of socks would be best?
  14. Lifeshriek Augur

jonas dagmire's salt water drenched 4 leaf clover socks feet slot augment with a maximum of 4 luck lore : perhaps you should wash and dry before wearing.
  15. Monkman Augur

10th EF run

4/4 events completed

35 AC aug
    +2 hStr aug
    20 atk / 2hp Regen aug
  16. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Ran this junk raid for months.... never saw it... still have never seen it on a “corpse”. ... pretty sure it was player crafted as guildmate got me mine...
  17. Sobmre Augur

it's been awhile but i think i noticed if you fail the event a different named chest pops vs if you win them.

Perhaps run the raid its probably a bug
  18. Prathun Developer

This is working as intended.
    If you successfully complete the animals event, you get an additional chest at the conclusion of the raid.
  19. Tutankamen Augur

This frosty gem is a rare gem but it does drop. I've seen it... recently even.
  20. Tutankamen Augur

Actually Prathun can you confirm that Frosty Gem works as intended, boosting AC when it's in a shield slot type 5? It made me wonder b/c that gem comes from LDoN - long before Type 5s were a thing for a shield. Does it work as people think it does when put in that slot?