Trade Skill Trophy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leon, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Leon Journeyman

Why do our TS Trophies have aug slots on them? Slot 1 Type 7 to be precise.
    I do remember in the early years stats had something to do with the success rate or skill up or something like Strength would help Smithing but beyond that... At this point our stats are maxed so high does it even matter anymore to have an aug in it? Maybe at lower lvls like in the Tutorial or if you want to start TS before AA at 51?
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Unsure, but once maxed out you can place it in your house and activate it via tribute!
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I still think they should introduce a way to merge your basic 7 Tradeskill trophies into one trophy or Augment that increases all those Skills by 45.

I seem to recall last time it was brought up there was some sort of code limitation on either aug slots or skill modifiers that prevented this but a lot has happened since then and maybe it’s possible now.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You don't need access to aas to advance one of the main seven tradeskills to max level. So there is a case for the slot 7 to be meaningful for the lowest level toons … I guess.

I do not recall if the new trophies have always had an aug slot or if the old trophies did. At some point, the devs just decided that all items should have an aug slot (the cleric/pally da hammer did not have an aug slot for the longest time).

There are still a few tank types who will use trophies in primary/secondary slots to ensure that they do no damage to a mob while facing it and the aug slots could improve tankability via stats (if ever so small).

This is one of those, sure if it takes one hour to fully implement, ideas that are around. Otherwise I'd rather the time be spent in other places that don't have a simple solution already. With the access to so many inventory slots these days through bigger bags, I find it just easier to burn 8-10 slots in a toon's inventory just to have immediate access to all trophies all the time.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That is still a task that has not percolated to the top. It does require a code change. We need a new "skill" that is "all trade-skills", since we can only augment one skill at a time.

As for the aug slot, I do expect that when we added augments, someone made a pass on all items that fit in slots and added a slot, and these were caught.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It was a special aug that was in game at one time - used to be the drop from the mysterious dragon boxes in the Bloodfields. No one will ever know now since the boxes are being removed. :(

PS this post was totally fake news.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Aug slots were added during LoY. The trophy post dates that. They always had an aug slot, because its a usable equippable item.
  8. Froglok Augur

You can put all of your maxed trophies in your house. Once done, they can be activated like any other trophy with Personal Tribute (Character Window -> Plot Items -> Trophy Icon), which you can change on the fly, no matter what zone you are in.

In fact, you can activate all of them at the same time, limited only by how many trophy slots you have unlocked.

Whats even better, they cost zero (0) tribute points.

Once done, just swap back to your real tribute selections.
  9. Brohg Augur

a fine thing if there were a bandolier-like facility to swap the full trophy set with a click, once set up
    Winnowyl likes this.