Sk idea

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sithsonn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

For context, two sks in the guild blow me out of the water on stratos burn, like nearly triple my dps. But I've seen other SKs do less than me. So an SK that knows what they are doing >>>>>> SK that doesn't. Paladins don't generally do more than that in my guild, couple do about the same as me, couple others don't, so obviously don't button smash. Not cared enough to look into why, but when we're in different tank groups we have different roles, and I tend to be in the group that on the stratos event doesn't have much to do but dps.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Interesting parse, if an SK could post one of their own. Darkness Howls or whatever that GMM mission is, I had forgotten to turn my logs off, so got this one. Pure solo, no merc no one else, buffed with self buffs + shaman buffs. Using 2her, pulling as many as 12 mobs at a time depending on the wave, so obviously its inflated due to tanking multiple mobs. DPS:

388k sustained over 1207 seconds

Curious what an SK sustained is in that mission solo.
  3. Liljit Augur

/GU Dark Waters Sing in 539s, 875.3m @1623967 | #7 Paladin 53784k@99785 (99785 in 539s) [6.14%] {G}

Mob doesn't move.

I promised my sks I wouldn't post their short burst burn, but here's mine.

/GU Effortless Eruption of Spirit in 82s, 1,302.8m @15887692 | #28 Paladin 19220k@234.4k (259.7k in 74s) [1.48%]
  4. sojero One hit wonder

My short parses 70 sec or so are around 400 to 600k, after that it drops fast. Tomorrow night if I remember I'll post a gmm parse.
  5. Drogba Augur

Have you got any idea's for improving the SK class Liljit? No? So go back to Druid thread where you belong and if you're feeling brave, complain about your classes OP dps.
  6. Liljit Augur

So salty. I haven't been a druid main in almost 3 years. I attempt to get the druid community involved in improving their priest abilities. The DPS is appropriate for the insane mana cost. You can easily do the same DPS on a knight shadowknight. I have made suggestions to improve the SK class, but honestly you all don't really need improvements aside from helping your group survive.

Other classes have fallen behind as well, wizards for instance, but I don't play a wizard and have no insight into what they need.

What I do main and have main'd for 3 years is a paladin with a high playtime on my SK alt. I'm open to constructive suggestions to improve all classes as long as it doesn't make any one class so OP that there is a swing in that direction for class creation.
  7. Drogba Augur

Well, I see a thread called SK ideas, and all I see on each page is what looks like a Liljit crusade.

Your obssession with us isn't limited to just this thread either.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Combined: Rustbottom, Grinder of Gears in 536s, 4,911.2m @9162643

#19 Sojero + pets 132.3m@(247.7k in 534s)
    #29 sk + pets 87295k@(164.7k in 530s)
    #30 paladin84261k@(157.8k in 534s)
    #34 sk and mt+ pets 73740k@(138.1k in 534s)
    #35 pally + pets 58330k@(110.1k in 530s)
    #37 sk 38262k@(72057 in 531s)
  9. Liljit Augur

Our rustbottom was 275s and had an SK in the top 5. The first paladin was 26th.

I think we both know that the class is broken. You yourself made a video to display such in EoK. It earned you some community hatred and so now you're more timid about it.

It's fine, in 2 years if the pattern continues, the game will be nothing but SKs....

I am done trying to work for a balance, just don't come crying when the top 5 guilds cannot recruit quality paladins.
  10. Drogba Augur

I'm not timid.

What boosts do you think we should get?
  11. sojero One hit wonder

SK drop off hard over time, nothing new there, everyone's dps goes up the faster it dies, amazing!
  12. Liljit Augur

Tylix's Skin has a long timer relative to it's counters. Perhaps shorten the duration slightly and remove the counters.

Paladin's get LOH as an opposite to HT, ya? We also get GoL for AE healing, Hand of Piety for group as AA abilities. The SK has literally, Vicious Bite of Chaos for a group heal - very weak at this time and Reflexive....that's it. VBOC could either use a reduction in reuse timer or a pretty big boost to the group healing portion. Something that fits into the lore of being an SK, even if you lifetap'd your group but it reflected a heal back upon them and you.

The bond line could use an upgrade in damage and heal return, but they'd have to make it so you cannot stack them all or it would become very OP.
    For that matter....a group bond would make sense, steal health overtime and share it with the group.

Combining abilities like audacity and refute so they actually get used. Or make it into an AA.

Shadowknight aura. This could be anything from straight hatred increase/ac increase for the group or mitigation/rune ~ cascading theft of defense style but permanent.

Focus AA for all knights to either shorten cast times or add ranks to stoicism to improve the ability to cast while getting beat on. This would be perhaps limited to taps for SKs and HTT line for paladins.

Those are a few off the top of my head.

Everyone....but the pallies? And 275s isn't exactly a burst fight.

And side note here. Again there are classes I know nothing about, but seeing wizards not break into the top 10 is sad. Melee has a clear advantage at this time.
  13. sojero One hit wonder

All those have been hard no in the past for sk

You cant drop hard if u cant get it up in the first place.
  14. Liljit Augur

Wait....did you just make an erectile dysfunction joke about paladins? That's forumquest gold.
  15. Drogba Augur

Some pro's and con's with that. It would make tanking piles easier (If you are tanking enough mobs, the counters run out before the recast timer) On the flipside, that'd be a minor blow to dps to have to cast it more often in normal situations.

When you're listing those group heal AA's, it gives me dreams of SK getting AE nuke aa's as counter. Perhaps our AA AE aggro abilities are the counter for that though?

Any boost to bond line is good, but also probably going to still feel underwhelming. I find its mostly only useful when kiting, because its an instant cast. I'd be nice if the healing could land on you more frequently than every 6 seconds.

Kiting/mezzing/MT'ing they are very usuable spells. That'd be neat.

I thought our aggro and mitigation was a problem for you based on previous posts.

Faster taps? yum.
  16. Tolzol Augur

I mean I’ll give you that zerkers have a clear advantage at this time. DPS class balance is actually pretty close to being balanced aside from zerkers edging everyone else out which I’m pretty sure we will get stagnated this year but we will see. Wizards not breaking top 10 means they either aren’t getting proper adps or they just aren’t that good compared to the other classes.
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Drogba Augur

fight length really plays a part in that for wizards. You get enough druid/magician etc on 1000s fight and with the right set of classes, its not unfathomable that they don't crack top 10.
    Liljit likes this.
  18. Tolzol Augur

I mean I’d find it very hard to believe MS has very many 1000s long fights
    Liljit and Sancus like this.
  19. Drogba Augur

aye. lots of 4-5 minute fights where sk's get to look good after hitting HT.
    Liljit likes this.
  20. Tolzol Augur

Clearly that’s the case based on most of this thread lol.
    Sithsonn and Liljit like this.