Odus Locked Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JimboBobJimBobJimbo, Aug 17, 2019.

1. JimboBobJimBobJimbo New Member

I think a great idea, especially given some of the division that exists in our society, would be to have an Odus Locked server. That means only zones on the amazing continent of Odus would be available. Odus is, for some reason, rarely trafficked and Erudites, especially Erudite Paladins, are not so often seen. This would encourage players to explore this special continent.

The zones would not unlock in a typical fashion progression fashion, but one zone at a time every three months. For example, the server would open with Erudin, Erudin Palace, Toxx Forest, and Paineel. Then, three months later, The Warrens would open. After that, Stonebrunt (ahead of the hole to bridge the level gap). Then, three months after that, The Hole, and so on.

Now, I'm not a sadist, so many the zone unlocks could be lower, say even as long as one month. And to really spice it up, this would be an FV rules server (not just no-trade, but all the roleplaying restrictions too).

What say you fellow TLP players? Isn't this a fresh and exciting new idea to spice up the world of TLP servers?
  2. AcemoneyFV Augur

No, it's the worst idea I've seen posted so far. An entire server dedicated to like 6 zones? How's that not a terrible idea? It'd be dead at server launch.
  3. Fire_Wiz New Member

"Hello, this is 911; what is your emergency?"

-We've got a total whacko on the boards, requiring immediate sectioning or forced psych ward stay.

"Thank you, help is on the way."
    SomeRandomGuy likes this.
  4. JimboBobJimBobJimbo New Member

Whooosh

And aaakkksshuaaaalllly, Brell's Rest would be located on Odus, no? So all that expansion's zones. What a fun trip it would be to clear that 40 level gap in mob levels!
  5. TLP Addict Augur

[IMG]
  6. AcemoneyFV Augur

Just like every other TLP server idea, all jokes. ;)
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I think this is a great idea. It also solves one of the biggest ongoing issues that has plagued all TLPs and devs have continued to ignore, the ability to levitate over the wall in Plane of Fire.

If we never leave Odus we never have to put up with this slap in the face to all legitimate lava swimmers.
    SomeRandomGuy and jeskola like this.
  8. Febb Augur

We really just need a locked server. Where it's locked at the login screen. I think this will prevent lots of issues.
  9. snailish Augur

Joke or novel idea it is very unlikely.

If they were to do the work to not just have content era-gated in a linear fashion (the OP is geography gated) the most likely version of this would be a TSS only start server as that actually makes sense as a free-to-play then transfer to live server.

Instead of waiting for this, the OP could start a roleplaying guild with Odus as the focus --maybe you get numbers...
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think this is a solid idea if it has bazaar enabled.
  11. Pizzaparty New Member

How about a server locked to the graphical draw distance of a 1999-era PC. You spawn in and what-you-see-is-what-you-get.
  12. Pizzaparty New Member

Imagine being a person who replies seriously to this thread.
  13. yerm Augur

Now take that sentiment and apply it to people who post similar threads like this one is mocking, or debate in them.
  14. DeadRagarr Augur

I would consider paying for a custom content classic server Odus Server.
    Odus only starting zone:
    Tox Forest - Before bridge 1-8 / After bridge 9-18
    Kerra - Low 20's -> 35
    Paineel dungeon -> 35 - 45
    Warrens/Stonebrunt - 50+
    Hole - Raid

Expansion pack - Into the isles - 6 months post Hole clear - Kerra island launches as a quest hub similar to Sky. You now fight purely underwater sharks for quest drops. All the fun of Kedge, with an island.
  15. Warpeace Augur

16. Accipiter Old Timer

Finally, a TLP server idea I can get behind. ;)
  17. Pizzaparty New Member

Kedge Keep locked server.

The first room of Kedge Keep is now a starting city zone for all races and classes, which are all available from day 1. All the NPCs from all former starting zones and cities are in the first room of KK. With the fish. Which are still KOS. For the first 6 months, only the first room is available. New rooms unlock after 6 months. Phinny's room unlocks in phases - 6 months per seahorse. Enduring breath items drop from every mob, every time, but only work at level 46+.