Test Update 08/13/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 13, 2019.

1. kizant Augur

The additional spell info that's visible in game now is pretty nice tho.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agreed. Whether we on Live like it or not TLP brings in a lot of income to the game It's going to get some of the attention. And when it comes down to it TLP is how some folks prefer to play. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't stop me from wishing everyone wanted to play Live and it could get all the attention. :)
  3. Mintalie Augur

Maybe not, but with patch notes like these, it surely is justified.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Metanis like this.
  4. jeskola pheerie

I think people are blowing the impact of these changes of proportion and just rabbling for no reason. Play with the changes first (you can /testcopy) then come back and post a real example of how these changes drastically affected your gameplay.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

Humor me, please explain how these changes will hurt you on live? FYI named mobs have been un-charmable for a very long time... this change just caught up the oldest ones that weren't flagged that way. The CoTH changes to mercs is easy to work-around by using passive mode, so thats not a problem.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With mercs no longer being able to be CoHed can we finally get some pathing fixed, anywhere there is a hill/incline both pets and mercs go totally dolally and run back and forth in a frenzy trying to get to me.

My favourite spot for this is on the dock in Borther Island, both mage pet, beastlord pets and healer mercs cannot figure out how to get to the dock! I take bets on which is going to get to me first. LOL

Top of the ramp in Overthere is another spot where not even the NPCs can figure out how to get up, so it is not just mercs and pets.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Mintalie Augur

My ire has nothing to do with the changes on TLP affecting me on live and everything to do with genuine aggravation that so much time and resources are spent on TLP instead of live and its myriad issues that, sorry, feel far, far more important to me than tweaks due to exploits on TLP.

Allayna always words things far better than I ever could:
  8. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Does Casting COH on merc used for pull or pet used for pull? Like have them attack a mob , then coth them , aggroing just the mob and no others since mercs normally dont aggro mobs ? Or were mages some how able to coth themselves in some strange way?
  9. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Its everything changed in total.

Charm rules, mez rules, coth rules, spawn rules, camp rules, afk killing grey con rules, locked door rules, pretty sure the fade caps were at least strongly influenced in part by TLP concerns and on and on and on. Frankly its grown beyond old considering on live we have heard "we don't have time" when it comes to content, AA and spells when it matters most because countless hours are spent changing things over grieving and people who claim they want old EQ but don't actually want old EQ.
  10. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I feel like patch notes, did not fix much for the functionality of the game, with the exception of the raid bug utility. Like eating a single cracker in respect to an entire meal. I want something more substantial.

Why not fix stacking issues of the TBL trade skill items?
    Or ae detrimental spells meant to land on NPC's that land on the player casting the spell?
    Or huge lag affects caused when a raid starts burn during raid events?
  11. Grummy_NB Augur

ok this looks like the patch notes for the TLP servers, what are you patching on the rest? or are they not going down?
    Raccoo, Allayna and Ibadan Kun'Tirel like this.
  12. Angahran Augur

How about tagging mobs that have a knockback as non-summoning ?
    It's a real pita getting knocked back, starting to run back to the mob, getting summoned (usually INSIDE the mob) and having to reposition again to be able to hit it.

And what's with every single mob knowing exactly where to stand to be 'out of range' of melee while at the same time beating the heck out of the tank ?
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Define this more please. I expect it is a difference of opinion and not a bug, but I'm willing to listen to your different opinion, or find that there is an actual bug.
  14. Angahran Augur

That's not the fix for EQ-2343, or is it ?

15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Is this speculation because of the way the note is phrased, or did you actually test this? I did a quick test on beta and the spell seems to work on mercs. Mercs are generally considered a player as far as a spell is concerned.
    svann, Duder and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  16. Absor Developer

If it helps, this is actually one of the changes that didn't take a lot of time. Dzarn already spent the time to identify what NPCs qualify as "rare" in the old world when he did old world kill achievements. All I had to do was do a query and change one 0 to a 1 in each row. Took about 5 minutes.
  17. Allayna Augur

I wonder what order of business was scrapped so that 1052 old content mobs could be re-assigned as not charmable. I thought the point of TLP was to enjoy EQ in “the glory days”....

Please remove advanced loot, extended target window, out of combat regen, heroic stats on low level gear, zone wide augment drops from old expansions, translocators, etc... then see how much of a money maker TLP is....as a classic version of EQ.
  18. Mintalie Augur

Marginally, but more importantly, it helps a lot when you take the time to reply. So thank you.
  19. Zanarnar Augur

First I want to address this: "afk killing grey con rules"
    Hate to break it to you, but unattended automated gameplay has always been against the rules. TLP servers aren't responsible for that.

And the TLP players hear "we don't have time" just as much. I have no real idea of their employee's daily routine looks like, but as long as they're making new expansions every year... I'd bet good money that over the course of the year, more dev/etc time gets spent on live servers then the TLP's.

It can be annoying both ways too, in the weeks before a new xpac and after they're pretty much 100% focused on that expansion. Maybe even a little bit more if its a big one. Unfortunately they have a small-ish team, limited funds, and a long (and ever growing) to-do list. Hay I'd be happy without KRONO's in the game period, without over-powered potions, with the classic AA's back without silly things like the melee AA boost and origin, classic MOD2's (not derived from Heroic stats), classic spell grouping (IE every 4 levels for new spells not spread out so you get one or two a level), the entire DBC marketplace, jarringly out of place re-done zones (Commonlands, Lavastorm, Nek, Freeport, N/S ro)... I could go on forever listing all the changes to live / later expansions that have a negative impact on the TLP servers feeling like they did back in the day.

Well, you should also keep in mind, every TLP player is a paying customer. Every one of us. You can't say that about live. SO let me ask you this, whats the breakdown of their income? What % of their subscriptions comes from players who spend say 85%+ of their playtime on a TLP -VS- those that spend 85%+ of their playtime on live servers. I don't know the answer, nor would they ever share it.. but that's going to be a good indication of where they should spend their (limited) time.
  20. Zanarnar Augur

From Absor's post, 5 minutes. Man are all live players as whiny and entitled as you? Kinda glad I stopped playing there.

Also I think you meant to ask what other business...