1 Frame Per 10 seconds

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Izzard of Bertox, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

You read that correct. not 10FPS …. its 0.1 FPS.... or 1 frame every 10 seconds.

This happens as soon as the raid engages the NPC …. ping is 51ms. 100% connectivity.
    My GPU is running at 20% max.

Is this a connection issue? How can I fix this?
  2. Monkman Augur

make Everquest an exception on windows defender
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. niente Developer

Couple other things that can fix this:
    • Turn off /log temporarily to see if that helps (if it does it is likely your virus scanner, and you can add an exception for EQ / the log file as Monkman suggested)
    • If you have a minimized chat window, close it, instead send these chat filters to a tab you keep in the back of other tabbed windows. For some reason tabbed chat caused some serious lag problems with minimized chat windows (if you have an INI file from before January)
    • If that doesn't work, re-make all your chat windows (create a new window for each with the same filters, and close all the old windows).
    If either of these fixes your problem, it would help us fix the bug if you could paste your UI_Soandso_server.ini file here. (The old version of your ini file which has a serious lag problem, not the fixed one ;) )
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Sarkaukar Augur

Besides the above...observe if your harddrive light is thrashing. The game is primarily CPU driven and if another program is hogging system resources (not just CPU/GPU, memory, etc)

Also, alt J. Is Journal unchecked? It records EVERY NPC emote. A large enough file for that character in the userdata folder, with the game opening/saving each time used to kill pullers, especially raid pullers. Add antivirus scanning that huge file.. It is off by default no newly created account but I do not recall when SOE/DBG made that change for new accounts. It did not alter/change the existing accounts.

Audio triggers - large cache instead of segmenting the triggers for specific events plus sound driver may need to be updated.
  5. Diptera Augur

I find I start to get issues if my log files get too large - I now rename my toons' log files every month or so, by adding the date to the name, so I can still refer to the old logs if I need to, and EQ starts again with a fresh file.

And to echo what the above people have said - turn the Journal off, and put exceptions in your antivirus for the log files.