Need help turning off spell effects

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mewkus, Aug 13, 2019.

1. mewkus Augur

My characters' .ini files got messed up and now they are all displaying spell effects. My screen is cluttered with just about nothing but spell effects. I have ten to fifteen illuminated fruits flying across my screen at any moment. The game is unplayable in this state.

I have tried to turn off spell effects to no avail.
    /showspelleffects off -- made no difference
    Turning off particle effects for Spell, Env, Player -- made no difference
    Setting NearClip to Farthest has a little bit of an effect on with regards to that individual character's generated spell effects, but no effect with regards to any character who's more than two feet away.

I was obviously able to disable them before since I didn't have this issue until my .ini file got messed up, but for the life of me, I cannot remember how I did it or what I did to get rid of them.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are you sure these are spell effects? There is a very annoying player on Tunare who parks in the middle of the lobby with a nimbus of confetti on which causes little pieces of paper to fall over and over all around the lobby. Its very hard on some players to see this graphic. There are many nimbus in the game like butterflys, bats etc.

If you move to another room or zone do you still see the flying fruit? Or are you running a nimbus of some sort?

There is no way to turn off other player nimbus effects. Although we have asked for a few years for this option.
  3. mewkus Augur

I have Fruitcake Nimbus in effect. I am certain these are tied to it. They appeared when I clicked on the Fruitcake Log thing I have. I always play with this effect on, but never saw the fruits floating around me until now. I pretty much have to stare at the sky to avoid seeing them and their seizure inducing effect.

I know there's some way to turn them off, but disabling all of the spell effects (or at least all of the ones I've been able to find) haven't done the job.
  4. Conq Augur

You are blinded by your own Nimbus... Classic. If only there was a way to filter out everyone's nimbus's!
    Conq
    Yinla likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It is your fruitcake. But you can't have your cake and eat it too.

If you find a way to turn them off then please inform the community as everyone would love to know how to turn off the numbnuts err nimbus effects.

Next March you may want to look into The Anniversary Quest Magically Delicious which reward is a gingerbread familiar that will increase your time between food consumption by 50% so you won't eat as often and

there are AA's to help - innate metabolism which reduces consumption by 150%

Plus if you go fish and get a bunch of raxil fish then you can make boiled raxil fish which last forever.

Between all that you would not need your fruitcake.