Thoughts on Everquest "Boxing" Design Model

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by its_a_secret, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. its_a_secret Journeyman

One should not be punished because of an unpopular game, or lack of participation. It's unheard of in the online gaming industry for an individual to have multiple computers and subscriptions to participate in the game, yet somehow Daybreak Gaming has managed to attract a player base that has accepted it. While I don't have the actual statistics, everyone I know keeps two to six active accounts. I knew of some people who have sixteen active accounts. Monthly upkeep on accounts for people I know range from $30- $90 dollars average. If this type of play style is going to be necessary for competition then, why not reduce the cost of a subscription, to a realistic value of $2.50 per month. Also since almost everyone is paying for multiple accounts you should include an interface within the game to control your "team" on one computer. I hope that the developers can come up with a model that is more realistic for today's MMO player.
    As a side note, I am well aware that many accounts are funded within the game. That does not devalue the tangible value of Krono on the open market.
  2. phattoni Augur

give me some of the drugs you are smoking please.
    Duder and CatsPaws like this.
  3. yerm Augur

"Boxing is crazy no game does it it's unheard of oh and please make it cheaper and therefore easier..."
  4. its_a_secret Journeyman

Name a game you have to pay 40-100 dollars a month to play in any realistic fashion?
    jeskola likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its unheard of for a company to charge me a monthly fee to connect me to this thing called the internet and even charge me more for higher usage or more bandwidth! Monthly upkeep on my internet account is over $200! But I have no way to compete in EQ without an internet connection.

But I don't compete in EQ - I just play my own way ;)
  6. Laronk Augur

You know, you don't need to box. Everquest by far is not the only game where boxing is common,

Also E
    Reducing the monthly sub to 2.50 likely would not increase the paying subs proportionally so DBG would lose revenue. That's your why.

Now even if you pay $90 a month, it's likely still pretty cheap compared to the amount of time you probably play.
  7. its_a_secret Journeyman

There are far better games for much less value. In a couple weeks you'll see that in your raid attendance.
  8. Meridian Augur

Then, why are you wasting your time making threads like this one?
    Duder and CatsPaws like this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

This paragraph. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Iyacc likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

Thank you for your time everyone.
    Orbital101, Duder and Boze like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.