Frosty Gem of Enhanced Protection

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coas, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Coas Lorekeeper

Is there a specific way this LDoN raid needs to be completed in order for this aug to drop? I've run this raid countless times, and this thing is the only item on the loot table that I have not gotten to drop. There some trick to getting it to drop or just awful RNG?
  2. Cadira Augur

Think it's just bad rng. I got it on my first try by some miracle but I've heard others like yourself having a hard time :(
  3. Lifeshriek Augur

Make sure a frost-glazed box is spawning after finishing the event. I am not sure which of the mini events it is tied to but it is possible to get a raid win and if you fail the warder mini event one of the chests will not spawn, for example, I am pretty sure.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

All I can stay is stick with it. I heard of one person on my server taking 57 runs to get theirs. 57 runs X 4.5 days = 256.5 days omgggg :eek:
  5. Bigstomp Augur

RNG hates you.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

its a horrible rng for some folks, ran it for a friend at least 40 times before it dropped.
  7. Allayna Augur

And we've seen 2 drop in an instance.
  8. Coas Lorekeeper

What constitutes a fail for the warder event? I usually get one emote from the warder saying it whines pitifully as one of the wild animals claws at her owner's clothing. But I'm also pretty sure I always get the frost glazed box spawn at the end of the event too.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Think it took me 12 runs.
  10. Karhar Dream Crusher

Took me like 30 runs, when i did get it, i had 2 drop and only myself and a ranger was in the expedition, then did it once for my sk and got it that same time.
  11. Lifeshriek Augur

There should be a specific completion emote on success with the warder event, also, to win the warder event what i do is kill all the mobs in that room and the surrounding area/rooms as well as the event adds. I also am pretty sure some of the event adds are timed spawns so don't leave the event area until you know that it is over.
  12. Allayna Augur

[IMG]

Today.

Xegony. Probably about 4 total runs for that toon casually.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

Dont worry though kids, about the time you finally get yours to drop, they will add a better one!
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  14. Sobmre Augur

FAIL the warder event and the right chest will pop. just pop the event and wait dont help the FD dude
  15. Prathun Developer

The Frosty Gem of Enhanced Protection has two chances to drop from the reward chest named "a frost-glazed box".
    The chest named "a frost-glazed box" always spawns upon the success of the raid. So does the chest named "a frozen treasure chest". The chest named "a weathered barrel" is a bonus and only spawns if the animals event was successfully completed.
    Statistically speaking, there's an 8.7% chance that you wouldn't see the drop in 12 runs and a 0.018% chance you wouldn't see the drop in 56 runs. Highly improbable, but technically possible.
  16. Xorsazis Augur

I've always heard the final chest will not drop the Frosty Gem if you successfully complete the animal event. Is there any truth in that or is it an old wives' tale?
  17. taliefer Augur

false. we got the AC aug a few times on phinigel during ldon and never failed the animal stuff
  18. Xorsazis Augur

Good to know. I'd prefer killing everything as it is quicker.

Killin' is my business, ladies, and business is good!
  19. Prathun Developer

It's a standard treasure table. There are two rolls on the same item list to determine which items will be on the chest.
    These rolls aren't influenced by which events were completed in the zone, the characters who participated in the raid, whether it's day or night, or what the person opening the chest had for lunch. ;)
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What about the anti-camp radius? If the person that wants it is too close to the chest... they're screwed right?
    Yinla likes this.