Request: Decouple Guild Bank from Guild Hall

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blackburrow23, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Blackburrow23 Elder

Daybreak Games Issue Tracker Link
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2397

What is this?
    A request for the Guild Bank to be uncoupled from the Guild Hall and Guild Banker. Ideally this would allow for heavier use of the guild bank and possible market sales for an item that could increase Guild Bank slots.

Who this will effect:
    All players. Likely a greater effect on servers where spell drops and item hand me downs are heavily used (TLP, FV)

How this would work:

1. A button on the Guild Window would allow for management and viewing of the Guild Bank however the withdraw and deposit button would not be available. A button on the Bank window would offer access to the Guild Bank window where the withdraw and deposit button would be usable. Lore: Guild Leaders and Bankers across Norrath come together.... etc

OR

2. A button is added to the Guild Window window that would allow for management and viewing of the Guild Bank. The withdraw button would be available and items would be parceled to member. Devs would find a logical way deposits would work for lore and consistency sake.
    Brohg likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So you would suggest letting the guild bank be used across zones to trade items between guild members?
  3. Brohg Augur

that sounds fine to me
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

If there is a guild on FV (or on any server with House of Thule) not utilizing the housing system to distribute drops to guild members, then I would encourage learning how to do that. Control access is easy enough to setup for guild members and with a single loyalty purchase, members can have a port clicky there available every 72 minutes.

No developer time required. And (virtually) unlimited slots.

Given that the Bazaar isn't in the game for TLPs until Luclin … and that has never been broken as far as I can recall, I'm not sure the developers want anything to do with introducing stuff earlier than era...which the guild bank clearly is (believe it was DoN for guild lobby and static guild hall).

Personally, I just don't think it is needed.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

If you think bot farming on TLPs is bad now, you've just setup a system where someone could shuttle a virtually unlimited number of lore items away from a camp with zero down time. Or have an unlimited number of slots to shuttle loot to without ever having to leave.

I don't think that sounds good personally.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

I don't think anything about bot farming on TLPs. That is a home for weirdos.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

I had a similar thought but I think the Guild Bank restricts lore items to one per bank.

However, I think what needs to be answered by is how does this really differ from just delivering items via the parcel system? . To me this just sounds like an request to let guilds work around using parcel NPCs or expedient delivery vouchers, the latter being a monetized transaction.

Interesting idea but doesn’t really make sense to me, also seems unbalanced relative to personal bank options like needing to go to a bank to deposit/withdrawal or summon a banker via vet. rewards.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.