Mount restrictions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I assume that there are illusions that are not compatible with mounts due to graphics limitations. But why can't we still get the run speed associated with the mount? Would this be too "OP"?
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If we were able to get the mount speed while not mounted that would defeat the main purpose of mounts, they wouldn't be limited to outdoor zones anymore either. The only illusions that I am aware of that work with mounts are skeletons and playable races.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Ibudin Augur

I want to ride that carpet in goblin form damn it!
  4. KermittheFroglok Augur

5. Brohg Augur

I think mostly the overall illusion-mount conflict is an acceptable concession to game engine & programmer/artist limitation. The exception that does disappoint me is TBL jann not being able to ride TBL carpets.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There are also other restrictions, like mounts preventing you from using specials (kick, bash, etc.).
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Same for me, especially as the Jan NPCs in TBL can ride mounts!
  8. Petalonyx Augur

Being on a mount prevents bash? I had no idea!

Is there a comprehensive list of mount-blocked skills somewhere i can look at?
  9. Tucoh Augur

Frenzy too. Took me an embarrassing amount of time to learn that on my berserker box.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am fairly sure all specials, so Kick, Backstab, Bash, Frenzy, Slam, Tiger Claw, Round Kick, Eagle Strike, Dragon Punch/Tail Rake, and Flying Kick.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  11. Lisard Silly

you can: Bash, kick and frenzy and im fairly certain backstab on a mount

you cant: Flying Kick, Tiger Claw, Eagle Strike, Round Kick, Dragon Punch, Tail Rake from a mount...makes me sad...i still think certain mounts make sense (carpets, whirligig) you should tots be able to do these mounted on those.
  12. Nniki Augur

Bash and Kick work. Frenzy and Backstab do not.

Slam does not work.
    Lisard likes this.