How Much Would You Pay for a Private Pick?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Warpeace Augur

Why stop at private picks per Krono? Go all in and demand best in slot items for Krono purchase direct from Daybreak.

Pay to win and avoid the train!!
    Camniala likes this.
  2. Camniala New Member

Best idea, get to it Daybreak!!!
  3. code-zero Augur

You realize that they aren't ever going to give you anything at all for a Krono except 30 days of play time don't you?

I think this is one of those recurring threads where the people with way too many Krono to ever use want to get something to spend them on.

You knew what a Krono was worth when you got it, poor life choices on your part don't justify changes to the game on DBG's part
  4. Warpeace Augur

Except this is TLP.:rolleyes: duh

Don't like the rules 2 months later simply post multiple threads demanding its changed...problem solved.

Don't like Automated game play?

Avoid demanding Daybreak holds up their end of the TOS / EULA whatever and demand private instanced content for a "fee". Not like Daybreak didnt already say no to private instances to farm xp and loot.

Personally I would prefer Daybreak does public executions of the characters caught automated farming at the small bank in POK every month (depending on server, location to be determined). I would pay an extra Krono for that.
  5. chronicler Augur

Sure make private picks, but with following limitation:

No named mobs in there, no loot, no money, 1/10 of normal xp in there.
  6. Ishbu Augur

-2 krono a month.

I'd stop subbing my 2 accounts. I get frustrated with botters and afk farmers, etc but privatizing the game is no solution.
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Sure, if you retroactively charge all people who used DZ raids since they were implemented on Phinigel.
  8. That0neguy Augur

There is quite a big difference between a DZ and a pick.
  9. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You're right, raids have far better loot and are critical for end-game progression. Should probably retro-charge double for those!

Or we can simply stop with all this gatekeeping. Customers should not have to pay more to have uncontested chances to experience in-game content, and players that thrive on depriving other players of that content should not get to dictate terms. When rival guilds really want to challenge players in open world competition - awesome! Go for it! It can be quite thrilling!

Everyone else that has no desire to do that? Well that's why we have raid instances now isn't it, and its time to grant that privilege to all players - not just raiders.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

"Potion of dimensional shifting 350 DBC - Open a populated instance of the zone you are currently in. This zone will support up to 6 players at a single time and will close after 24 hours. "
  11. code-zero Augur

I suppose that you could have something like The Forgotten Halls or Lair of the Fallen available where there's an NPC at zone in whom you'd give an item purchased for daybreak cash to transport you to an instance version of that zone.
  12. Drifter New Member

TBH, pet group buffs and pets not being crap are both very nice things. Necro is less affected but a mage is crippled by the weakness of pets. Would be nice if they would at least allow mages to get pet group buff aa early to compensate for the weak pets. Either that or just decrease the number of pets for MoTM to kick in and then return pets to normal. How many raids have more than 7 pet classes if some aren't boxed?
  13. roth Augur

So many people expecting Krono ... I doubt that they’d take krono for this, it would be more likely to be DBC per instance.

That said, we don’t tend to have those fresh server problems on live. Y’allm Who don’t like the problems with TLP as called out by the OP should consider actually playing the current game.
  14. Dahaman Augur

As Agnarr once said to Coirnav, "at least the <varmints> have left the server". Now, Coirnav no longer has this real life varmint problem (it still has the XP issue for at least 6 months.. boo!)

Good news, in another 7 months (with the next TLP server), Mangler's varmint issue should shrink by a lot. Just hold on folks, you'll make it there.
  15. Dahaman Augur

I am absolutely LOVING pet group buff (on Coirnav). The pain of single targeting pets is gone and none too soon. I ran a mage box and my mage pet tank is great for a group. Buffing it and my shaman's pet though was a pain pre-Gates. No more!

Hang on Mangler, you'll get that in only a year... time flies!
  16. TLP Addict Augur

I used to pay $40 a month to play on Stormhammer and absolutely loved it there, would be up for something similar but only if it was heavily enforced/curated to make it a pleasurable experience, can't see DB doing anything like that though, I don't think they are much interested in creating an enjoyable game as they are in generating ROI for their investors.
  17. Imukai Augur

Someone above described this private pick purchase as a "pay to win" thing.. no, really given the state of affairs with the PL groups, this would be more accurately "pay to play" not pay to win.
    Chatoyan and Brontus like this.
  18. Scoober New Member

Unnecessary complex solution to a simple problem. The GMs just need to do their damn jobs, some actual enforcement is needed.
    Meridian and Warpeace like this.
  19. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Exactly! All we want is to be able to play EverQuest without having to worry about botters, farmers, AOEers, PLers, Krono farmers and zone disrupters/trainers monopolizing every spawn in the dungeon.

Imagine if you paid for tickets to Disneyland and all the good amusement park rides were full of the same people. No matter how long you waited in line, the very same people got to cut ahead in line and ride the amusement park ride over and over again. I think people would be furious at Disney.

To those that say that it would cost to much for Daybreak Games to let people have private servers, I say balderdash. Anyone who plays World of Warcraft can enter their own private instance. This instancing technology existed in 2004 in WoW. It is not a valid excuse that Daybreak Games is incapable of being able to replicate this technology in EverQuest nor is the financial cost excuse believable.

As I said in my original post, a storm is coming next week to the MMO world. Important lessons will be learned by those in the MMO industry wise enough to heed them.
  20. SunDrake Augur

The date is 8/27, so that's closer to three weeks than one. Also, if you are the type who likes classic WoW I doubt you'll be missed here.