Brekt Server with "free trade rules"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by snailish, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hateseeker Augur

When they originally made Quarm, didn't it say that the server that everyone would be transferred to would NOT be free trade? I might have played Quarm if I had known that Brekt would be free trade.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

I only logged onto Quarm for the free xp pots but from what I gather the loot rules were very popular so it makes sense to carry that onto the new server.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

You're absolutely right, but I am pretty sure that they had said it wouldn't be free trade. So I didn't waste any time playing on Quarm!

I wonder if Brekt will be better to play on than TLP, given that I would be starting new? I mean, for all intents and purposes it's a server that will start with Omens, but is otherwise unlocked straight to EoK.
  4. seber Augur

it stilly have no box BS ?
  5. Laronk Augur

To be fair FV while being a chop shop when transfers were open to it FV isn't a ghost town.
  6. @grim New Member

While I don't necessarily hate the idea of this new server, the biggest downside for me is if people are going to be transferring raid geared Live toons over here, basically negating any progress made on Quarm.

have they said anywhere that i might have missed if they are going to allow transfers right away or possibly delay them for a certain period of time?

either way, I might check it out until the new TLP or Quarm 2.0 opens.
  7. Janakin Augur

• Once the Event has ended, and all characters on Quarm will be moved to a new server. The new server will follow the standard server ruleset. There are no plans to allow transfers off of this new server.
  8. Janakin Augur

I wonder if it will continue to be a true box server. If so it would be the first one that is also all expansions opened up.
  9. NickPR Journeyman

What does free trade mean please?
  10. Ainae New Member

Almost no items are flaged "no drop", so can be freely traded
    Skewert likes this.
  11. NickPR Journeyman

Thanks Ainae!
  12. Schuey New Member

Why not just make it a NONE-RP version of FV? :confused:

-Please keep it True-Box or better yet NO-Box.
    -Give it the same EXP Bonus.
    -And the Vast Majority of people including myself of zero interest in a RP server.

Perfect opportunity to make another one of your most popular servers /shrug...
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I think that boat sailed about 2 years ago bud.
  14. Lianeb Augur

Isn’t Brekt a ghost town?
  15. Hothand New Member

Brekt isn't a ghost town, it has a few people but not a lot. The problem Brekt has had is that whenever a new person logs in a makes a toon they ask /general whats the difference between Brekt and FV. Soon as they hear that FV has an exp bonus off they pop to FV instead of hanging around Brekt.

I like a smaller server but I do wish we had a bit larger population. However without the same exp bonus as FV or another event server to get dumped into Brekt again there isn't a lot of chance for it to grow. If Brekt was on equal footing with FV in the exp bonus department I think it would a very successful server with lots of players because once people play on a 'free trade' server the vast majority fall in love with it.
    Skewert likes this.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

If they added the 50% bonus to Brekt, I would restart there on the same day. It does not have the deep rooted RMT history FV has and none of FV's toxicity. I am sure many more would do the same.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that if they gave Brekt the XP bump and for a limited time (for like a month) allowed free transfers or guild moves TO Brekt from FV, then you'd end up with a decent population bump without getting much in the way of the toxicity combing over, because FV will still be the larger of the two in the end and the toxic parts tend to be there because that is where the RL$ is.
  18. Micker Augur

First of all FV is not an RP server anymore. I see ZERO people role playing and the language thing takes 5 mins to learn. Second, this thread is two years old. Third, how anyone can play just one character blows my mind. After boxing 6 toons, playing one is so incredibly boring, it's like press a button or two over and over. It could be ok raiding, I guess, but way too boring with just one toon.

I think they should just merge Brekt with FV. Why thin out the population anymore? Not like there is some huge influx of new people. Populations are going to keep shrinking.
  19. Fala New Member

I recently joined the Brekt server with 2 toons (looking to add a third). I've been on Bristlebane which is where my main resides and had been thinking of checking out the free trade servers but I wanted to get away from the higher density population so I chose Brekt for that.
    So far I have enjoyed it and hope that no server merge happens any time soon.

My 2 cents.
    Shanarias likes this.
  20. Yimin Augur

I tried for that since Brekt became a server , they wont hear of it , have no idea why since the two have the same rule set ….

YiMin