Character Copy instead of transfer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by drkknight69, Aug 2, 2019.

1. drkknight69 Journeyman

hello just had a question could yall offer or create something like the transfer for a fee except copy a character from one server to another server for a fee so you can keep your original character and play on another server
  2. Mazame Augur

You can do this for free to the test server.

Doing it on live will cause to many issue. example some one with 10 mil plat copies over and now they have 20 mil plat. if you look at test where people copy over all the time and then give stuff away for free you can see how it affect the economics.

the only way I could see it maybe working is if it copied you naked so you would then have to regear from scratch.
  3. Brohg Augur

Almost wholly on board with that. The time investment of evolving TBL hand/foot/shoulder/ring complicates it. And Trophies would have to be preserved, or a system to re-/claim quest reward items. Maybe populate a new merchant the style of Halius Goldenthorn.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Let them keep all the No Trade items, and that would pretty much solve this problem; but it would require that copies to FV or Brekt not be allowed.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Brohg Augur

Moves, too. 1000% on board with THAT
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Elyssanda like this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Name conflicts would be an issue but the person who copies over should also be willing to automatically surrender their name (add x or xx).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. chronicler Augur

You forget another thing, at some point ATA will be back, and at that point, original + copy should not be allowed to move to another account.They should ALWAYS be on same account.

Also copy of a character should not be allowed to get back to same server as the original.

But I seriously doubt it will be ever a service that will come to be, because it will be a thing that will in the end cost them money, they might get a 1 time income, but they will lose income from illusions, mounts, bags, xp potions and more.

ALL items should be flagged as no move, which means their heirloom flag is overwritten, so you cannot move your bags or illusions, mounts and more to another character using shared bank
  8. Funk Augur

Kronos would be an issue also since they are account wide. You copy a character with plat, you can then buy krono on new server with that plat and add to your accounts krono total. So that would negate a portion of the original copy cost with free krono gained.
  9. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

The only way to do that fair and not create a huge influx of copied gear into the game is to make a copied character completely naked, with no bank items transferred. Otherwise, people would copy one toon to what ever server they would transfer. Then transfer their original toon to FV and sell the raid gear for Kronos. They could make enough $ to then transfer their copied toon back and still make a substantial profit.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Already covered this earlier. This feature would only work for No Trade items, tradeable items would not be copied. Also you would be unable to copy to FV or Brekt, and the copies would not be able to be moved to either server as well.
  11. Mintalie Augur

12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Copying to the Zek server should be a free operation like test copy.

The server is a known ghost town and has no economy to mention. Let people copy over if they want to mess around with PvP.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Great idea. Copy fully geared char... copy to another server, sell on 3rd party site. Copy fully geared char to another server, sell on 3rd party site. Repeat.

Oh, I mean terrible idea for those with broken sarcasm detection devices. :)
  14. Greymantle Augur

"LOUD BEEP" Sorry that would not happen. The toons are tied to the one account. You can have up to ten toons or EACH server all on one account. Cannot split them off unless you pay for the account to account transfer.

Enabling the copy feature from server to server should not be a big deal. That's how both Beta and Test are set up. Rules for what gets copied would have to be worked. Simmilar to Beta prob simplest. Worn gear and stuff in the bank, no currency gets moved.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Ok, LOUD BEEP. It's still a stupid idea. It would increase the "value" of an account significantly if you had 8 raid geared chars on multiple servers. It would also reduce heroic char sales. They're not going to do something like this.
  16. Fian Augur

I am trying to envision how this would work in practice. I am guessing a person would like to raid on multiple servers, maybe picking guilds that don't raid at conflicting times. So in theory, a top raider on one server, may want to make a copy of themselves, and send them to Tunare server, and instantly be the top player on that server. It might help weak server raids by having an influx of top raid geared players.

Most likely the player would be repeating the process every 6 months to a year to keep the non leveled version on par with the original char.
  17. kizant Augur

I'd even want this if the copy was extremely limited. Like stuck at free to play or lower unless you pay a krono to get 24 hours of play time. They could even prevent the copies from looting. I'd just want to do it to raid on other servers for fun for a few hours a month. I wouldn't want to keep the copy. Just activate it every so often or recopy to get my latest stuff.
    GoneFission likes this.
  18. GoneFission Augur

In the absence of cross-server raiding, I think it would be great to have a 4 or 8 hour cross-server copy function. Like a shroud, you could bring back achievements or raid items or gear, subject to lore conflicts on the base characters. It would be nice to try some of the open raids on servers that have them, without having to commit to moving server to server.
    kizant likes this.