A /clear Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Imukai, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Imukai Augur

Having the ability to individually clear a window via a clicky UI element or (preferred) the right-click context menu would also work in lieu of adding a parameter to /clear. I'd prefer the context menu because I don't show the title bars on the chat boxes where such a clicky element would likely reside. I am thankful that they can be hidden -- as I wish the input box could be without resorting to UI overlap hackery (that's a different story tho).

I agree that using chat window numbers is not the "best" UX but honestly this game isn't very good in that department to begin with, so I wanted to frame the request within context of the current system as low-hanging fruit for the developers to implement while they consider making an "improved" version of the functionality.

Give me access to the codebase and I'll give you some PRs. =p
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I think this is the most elegant solution, especially if the chat commands also exist alongside the right-click menu option.
  3. Greymantle Augur

i belive you can do this now, just change the name of the window or tab to a space.
  4. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

A social with /cleara wipes all the chats just fine; another social with just /clear in it works on the window you want cleared - just click on the window before pressing it. The new tabbed chats are a mess as it is; I wish they had left them alone, imo.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

OHHH perfect idea! thanks
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  6. Imukai Augur

Yeh so this doesn't work if you have one main window that you have "Always Chat Here" selected. The hotkey would always clear that one no matter what you clicked on. Clear all is simply not a viable option.