Breakdown in Communication #10 broken?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xhunai, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Xhunai New Member

It was a very interesting way of seeing two sides to this expansion's lore and story through the actual GoD progression line, and the BiC line from Morden's crew perspective. Thank you again for the assistance, Prathun! Still not sure how this silly quest got botched or the bits got reset, but it likely had to do with me running the group event a few times for other folks.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Prathun like this.
  2. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Ah yes, Darth Silius... All that's left is for his successor to execute order 66...
    Ajjantis and Prathun like this.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Glad you are still here to fix Silius's mistake 15 years later! You get major credit for that either way.
  4. taw86407 New Member

Hey Prathun,

I have a question about BiC.

Is there a specific reason the final reward was given no heroic stats?

Seems a bit silly.
  5. taliefer Augur

cause heroic stats werent a thing during GoD, and it doesnt have any of the mods taht were converted to heroic stats
    Prathun and Dythan like this.
  6. Aegir Augur

Maybe a BiC 2.0? Like the Shawl, that would rock :-D
  7. Darkhain Elder

Is this fixed? Because I'm stuck at the same place, Fezbin Fizzle don't recognize my progress...[IMG]

I had some problem previously with the Vxed part, but fixed it by redoing it, now did finish the rest, and all combines.
    Do i need to redo Qinimi quest?
  8. Prathun Developer

The following change went Live in the August update:
    - Breakdown in Communication - It is now possible to complete the quest to receive another Stone of Entry from Councilman Sislono Nislan if you have deleted your Stone of Entry, but don't have credit for completing the Qinimi execution event.

But that's only relevant to your situation if that's the step that you're missing.

What step do you think you are on, and what's happening when you try to progress?
  9. Darkhain Elder

10. Darkhain Elder

Ok redoing Qinimi Stone of Trials event + mini raid event, fixed my flag, can continue now.
    I think it bugged out when I handed once again the Stone for Writ of the Magi, while doing someone else trial and then deleted it.
    Prathun likes this.
  11. -wycca Augur

I also agree that it's probably the best quest I've seen in a MMO, and I'd also say that GoD is one of the best EQ expansions ever (albeit, much-needed polish many years after launch - re-tuning, fixes, backflags etc). It's got a great story built into every zone and the entire expansion. I think it was developed under some significant stress for the dev team that made it too. I can come up with things to improve in it for sure, but finishing the BIC quest art (and thus the entire GoD expansion) is probably the biggest sense of accomplishment I've had in EQ. It brings together personal effort, friends effort, group efforts, small raid and full guild effort. I'm not aware of much else that takes all of those elements and combines it with every aspect of telling the story of an entire continent. Being able to play through it again on TLP servers was a pretty amazing experience.
  12. Mishakaal Journeyman

If you ever get stuck in this quest at step 10-11... MAKE SURE you say the key word : YES at the end. It's not a text prompt/npc dialogue key word in blue. Beanalle Banoam must have the answer to his question in the final prompt to continue the quest!!! I was blocked there for a few hours until one of my guildmates suggested that i reviewed all the hails and flags on the ship until i made it work. I cross-referenced the key words with 3 guides from

https://www.eqprogression.com/breakdown-in-communication-bic-quest-gates-of-discord/quest-11/
    https://www.lazaruseq.com/Wiki/index.php/BiC_Augment#QUEST_11:_.22QVIC
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2881

[IMG]