Live Update Bugs 07/17/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Froglok Augur

Since the last patch, I have had issues with Client crashing and have to try 2, 3, 4 or even 5 times to get logged in.

I get to the character screen and enter world, then client crash. Upon trying again, I get the message asking if I want to remove the character from world that I all ready have logged in. So, it appears my toon made it in, but the EQ Client didn't.

ALSO -- it appears some Mount animations may be bugged?

The Halasian Battle Bear Bridle and the Dark Direhound just slide across the ground (no run animation).
  2. mtgdragon69 New Member

This just happened to my bard. I clicked a spider bite XIX while my /melody was running and it locked up spell casting and using potions. Had to log out and back in to free it up. It doesn't always happen. Sometimes clicking the potion stops /melody and all is fine.
  3. qweasy Augur

/stopsong should fix that
  4. Kay1626 New Member

I keep crashing everytime I try to log into a character I have deleted UI files on a couple of my toons more then once and still have a problem with toons crashing. It's getting old and it is happening on all 3 of my accounts.

Forgot to say I have reset the default UI more times then I can count as well.
  5. Baldur Augur

For all those crashing to desktop on character login, is your main chat tab the left most tab in the window it's in?

If not, move it to the left until it is and the crashing should go away.

You can tell which tab is your main chat tab by right clicking each one and it will be the only one that you can't close or detach.

So far ever since I moved mine to the left the crashing has stopped.
  6. qweasy Augur

Xenevorash, the final monk epic fight is another one with this problem.
  7. Raccoo Augur

Not sure if bugged since last patch, or I just never noticed it before.
    When casting Issuance of Mercy Rk. II, it says it's healing for lower amount, and says it is Issuance of Spirit Rk. II. It should be healing for 3497 hit points.

You are healed by a holy issuance. Riccoo healed you for 2883 hit points by Issuance of Spirit Effect II.
  8. Yinster New Member

Char name - Yinpurr
    Class - Beserker
    Server - Antonious Bayle

Origin failed to work and then the game disconnected me couple of mins later - still in Lake of Ill Omen

Char info shows the following

[Tue Jul 30 11:58:55 2019] Origin Location: The Northern Plains of Karana
    [Tue Jul 30 11:58:55 2019] Bind Points: Shar Vahl
    [Tue Jul 30 11:59:31 2019] You begin casting Origin.

Origin looks weird, char was created in 2004 home town and Origin should be Shar Vahl.

From dbg.txt file after casting Origin until disconnect.

[Tue Jul 30 12:00:39 2019]00646:Lost D3D device. Waiting for reset.

[Tue Jul 30 12:01:30 2019]00647:Trilinear Mipmapping available.

[Tue Jul 30 12:01:30 2019]00648:Vertex Shader Version: 3.0

[Tue Jul 30 12:01:30 2019]00649:pixel Shader Version: 3.0

[Tue Jul 30 12:01:35 2019]00650:Lost D3D device. Waiting for reset.

[Tue Jul 30 12:02:21 2019]00651:Trilinear Mipmapping available.

[Tue Jul 30 12:02:21 2019]00652:Vertex Shader Version: 3.0

[Tue Jul 30 12:02:21 2019]00653:pixel Shader Version: 3.0

[Tue Jul 30 12:02:28 2019]00654:Lost D3D device. Waiting for reset.

[Tue Jul 30 12:02:52 2019]01893:Networking: connection terminated [client:DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,server:DisconnectReasonApplication]
    [Tue Jul 30 12:02:52 2019]01894:disconnected at c:\p4\EverQuest\live\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:18572 (char. select) DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,DisconnectReasonApplication

[Tue Jul 30 12:02:52 2019]01895:Character is Yinpurr.

[Tue Jul 30 12:02:52 2019]01896:YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED.
    [Tue Jul 30 12:02:52 2019]01897:
    end of DisplayScreen
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How'd you get
    " Origin Location: The Northern Plains of Karana"
    ?
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

type in /char info it shows you where your bind points are, origin, bind, 2nd bind etc...

No idea how theirs is in Karana, not sure when origin was introduced
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes I know how to see your bind spots but I thought origin is limited to your starting city. Cresent Reach for free or returning Silver accounts that got bugged and paid accounts can choose starting city.

I don't think The Northian Plains of Karana was ever a starting city and there-in could lie the conflict with the files that causing the crash and that are not letting him log in .

As he said "Origin looks weird, char was created in 2004 home town and Origin should be Shar Vahl."

Years ago when free accounts were introduced they were all set to Cresent Reach and still are. If you are a returning Silver (old paid but no longer) those were also set to Cresent Reach by mistake. So the devs put in a one time fix of /setstartcity (put city name here). I think people other than those who got reset were abusing it so they took it out.

If that is the case here and OP is returning he could give that set start city command a try and if that doesn't work then I would suggest a petition.
  12. Waldagar Augur

110 Beastlord's Disc Venon's Vindication RKII in the description says it deals 40,983 dmg when you cast a dot. It is actually much lower at 31,771 dmg. The 102 Disc Al`ele's Vindication RK III says it deals 35,483 but again is much lower at 27,646.

This was tested against a lvl 120 guild hall dummy with every dot 101-110 for Venon's and 96-110 for Al`ele's.

Can you check the spell data for the Venon's Vindictiveness II and Al`ele's Vindictiveness III?
    Thanks,
    -Z-
  13. Waldagar Augur

You can ignore the previous report. Testing on mobs in Stratos gave the predicted 42016 dmg.
    -Z-
  14. Myca775 Journeyman

The following disciplines now have 4 hour+ refresh timer:
    1. Slice
    2. Jugular Strike
    3. Secret Blade
    4. Fellstrike
    5. PinPoint
    6. Dim-Witted
    7.Lie in Wait
    8.Skorpikis Blade

Just to name a few, ALL say 4 hours+ refresh time, this would happen prior to the most recent update but was hoping someone else experienced it and posted the issue.

I've logged out to character screen then back in, also tried completely logging out to Desktop and the timer still doing it, extremely frustrating especially on raids.

Also when my merc died the revive timer showed 4hours 40min. Even though it showed "Revive" in the correct time the above Disciplines never refreshed in the time they were suppose to, hour later still couldn't use them.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I tried all 8 of those disciplines on my rogue. He has all rank 1s and all worked as they should with the normal timers. They worked fine the last two weeks as well.

Have you checked your system clock? Sounds like a disconnect between server time and local computer time
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Winnowyl like this.
  16. Duder Augur

Windwillow Branch is not flagged as a tradeskill item:
    [IMG]

It is used during Ciodaru's Gift Box ala~
    [IMG]

Task #12 to make Ciodaru's Gift Box Parts which requires 6 of them be combined in a fletching kit.
  17. Dahaman Augur

The Gates XP bump for Coirnav was only +20%. Is that the correct amount? That seems REALLY low.

If it is right, can this be looked at? Compared to ANY other server, it is way off.
  18. Mezacor New Member

I had one character crashing consistently when camping to character select. After much trial and error, I focused on one specific chat window (in my case Window4). Just closing the window didn't fix it. But when I went into the UI file and removed all associated "Window4" entries, it fixed my crashing issue.

For the Devs, here are the lines that I removed from my UI file:

Code:
    ChatWindow4_TimestampFormat=0
    ChatWindow4_TimestampMatchChatColor=1
    ChatWindow4_TimestampColor.red=255
    ChatWindow4_TimestampColor.green=255
    ChatWindow4_TimestampColor.blue=255
    ChatWindow4_ContainerIndex=1
    ChatWindow4_ContainerTabIndex=0
    ChatWindow4_LanguageId=0
    ChatWindow4_DefaultChannel=980431704
    ChatWindow4_ChatChannel=980425632
    ChatWindow4_TellTarget=?q6=`Op:0e6=?P6=?5p:?{6=?~6=
    ChatWindow4_Scrollbar=0
    ChatWindow4_FontStyle=3
    ChatWindow4_Name=Chat  1
    ChatWindow4_Highlight=0
    ChatWindow4_HighlightColor=-65536
    ChatWindow4_ContainerName=Other Chat

I was able to create a new window after that and it had none of the problems.
    niente and Nennius like this.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I double checked on the server and the value is at the intended value.
  20. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Having 2 issues.
    Set up my trader. Clicked offline mode and screen says you have entered offline mode. then it just stays frozen at that point. have to use task manager and kill the non responding everquest.exe everytime. I have tried this on many different toons on different accounts and everyone does the same.

Issue#2 anytime I try to camp back to server select it only lets me get as far as character select. if i try to go back from character select to server slect the sceen just goes black and stays that way untill i either click the x in top right corner and it closes eq or i manually goto task manager and kill the exe. any fix for this? do i need to delete and reinstall any files?