What is the point of Talisman of the Unwavering?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Rhalgr, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Rhalgr New Member

Roar overwrites this spell line so what's the point of its existence? There's only a ~10 second downtime between roars and I'm not re-casting this spell in that gap.

IMO Bake the laughable regen (944/6s) into Pact of the Wolf and get rid of the spells.
    eepok likes this.
  2. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

still useful on caster groups iirc. I rarely remember to cast it tbh, it's marginally useful at best. I would like to see its regen bumped up a bit to be more realistic with AOEs / mob DPS.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I don't know how technically challenging it'd be to do this but I'd love to see:
    1. Shaman's HoTs (and others) stack much better.
    2. EQ's tick time augmented so that certain abilities ticked more frequently. Ex: Instead of Dissident Roar healing 9053 per tick, it healed 1508 per second.

Hell, I'd love to see the same thing done to DoTs too.
    Skewert, Brohg and menown like this.
  4. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Totally agree with you, seems like a waste. Roar has been a staple for raid and group shamans since dicho spells came out.

I do cast Unwavering on myself when I'm doing root/rot but honestly I'm not sure why. It just seems like I should since its the only time I don't have roar memorized and its not going to get overwritten. I suspect I could look through the logs and see if it makes much difference but if I need to heal myself I have way too many buttons that are going to bring me to max health long before regen has much effect.

I think combining it as part of Pact of the Wolf and just being done with it is a great idea.
    eepok likes this.
  5. Ninelder Augur

Its so you can overwrite druids who are futilely trying to prove of some use to someone, somewhere. This is intended design. It allows even your worst shaman to pat themselves on the back and say, "It could be worse, I could be playing a druid."
  6. Aelen Augur

Regen and DS are both kinda flat power, and not super well tuned for current content usefulness. But by the same token, they're oddly good for buffing players/tank mercs who are much lower level, to help them get through that somewhat irregular period when tank mercs are tapering off, grouping with 110's is impossible, and gear is in a funny place for someone trying to catch up.

Probably not the best rationale for it existing, and not really a suitable solution to the problem its bandaiding, but I don't think I'd wanna see it disappear. And bear in mind there are a fair number of spell lines I could just as well see disappearing based on how they're tuned.

Regen made more sense I guess when players died slower, like a lot of the games mechanics. At current, ~10k healing per minute likely won't rise to the level of stopping you from needing even one more cast of a heal. But for a character in the 70's, thats pretty great.
  7. Hissteria Lorekeeper

I MGB it on the raid to benefit the folks that don't get shaman in their group....sometimes...when I remember to.
  8. Nylrem Augur

Meh.

Top Druid tonight did 519k burn on dragon, top shammy was only 450k...

Guess it's all in what ya make of it.
  9. Teylana Elder

How much adps did the druid get vs the shaman? Shamans don't tend to get much in the way of adps during raids - they usually are adps.
  10. Brohg Augur

They very frequently benefit from bard & ranger, those are pretty great.
  11. Mintalie Augur

As a caster, I love this buff and always request it.
  12. Tappin Augur

Besides going through the emotions, there isn’t one.