Pick Hopping AOE Farmers are Monopolizing Entire Zones on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Machentoo Augur

For what it's worth, you can't rule lawyer DBG. They are the ones that are the ultimate determiners of whether something is disrupting the normal playability of a zone. And clearly, it is a sliding scale based on the fact that they have only one guy still working there that is tasked to this stuff and has to enforce this and every other play nice policy for all of their games.
  2. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Yall are going to be really really really unhappy when you see how Velks and The Deep are going to be over the next 2 expansions. The Deep maybe slightly less, because nobody exps there normally, but Velks becomes an AOE ONLY zone.
  3. potatoface Journeyman

I remember The Deep from Phini. Holy crap what a terrible hellscape of AOE fights, trains and insanity.
  4. Lisard Silly

TLP are a cash grab, they are designed for this only in mind (why do you think they keep rehashing it)...and if you think its only players abusing the TLP scene for personal gains (RMT etc), your wrong. there is exactly 1 reason that you see the same botters untouched. its out of your control, accept it for what it is and move to a live server. theres plenty of decent guilds out here on the live servers that will give you a boost, and you can play with the true crowd of EQ, get to see the entirety of the game, unbothered by the TLP cess pool.
  5. Lisard Silly

depending on who the IP's are linked to, its true, there is nothing they can do, you can feed them all the visual proof, logs, Videos...nothing can be done unless they train someone or completely lock up a zone (zone disruption) otherwise you as player (or bot) are completely free to do as you wish.

all those botters on mangler in Old sebilis are directly IP linked to the same person....and they cant do anything about it because he responds to tells from GM's.

take it as a hint IMO.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Personally never saw it in Velks, but yes, the Deep had those AOE groups going regularly, and then it was Innovation after that. Made it easy to get the lucid shard from the deep though.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

None of this happens on WoW private servers. Why would it happen on the official servers?
    Also kickbot is terrible anyone decent at PVP will destroy anyone using it. Like 90% of WoW PVP is about knowing what the other person will do and countering that. If your using Kickbot you're basically running around telling people what you're gonna do...
  8. Xanathol Augur

The live game is bad and has been for years. It is boring in itemization, NPCs, "quests", raids, etc and turned into a keybind / button mashing mess. People don't play on TLPs starting in classic to one day get to the live game - they play there to avoid it, to play when the game was still fun.
  9. Drifter New Member

WoW had good points and bad points. To me the worst thing was gear. You bust for top of the line raid gear and the next expac the green drops are outclassing you. At least in EQ gear had a longer lifespan. It also had nifty clickies that were fun to collect.
  10. Nolrog Augur

IMO it wasn’t so much the gear resets in WoW, especially since their x-pacts are so far apart. It was the speed you go to max level and then the only thing to do was get better gear. I never felt that replacing my 385 chest piece with one that was 389 was character progression.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  11. Moforyguy12345 Augur

You can only cash grab so many times before it becomes obvious and rotten to the core. I started on Agnarr and the botting was maybe occasional and you would RARELY see a full group of bots. Mangler is a completely different animal. I quit in June because it was just too annoying dealing with everything being camped 24/7. The end of August is the end of EQ TLP's because people are sick of this treatment and something better is coming soon.
  12. Lisard Silly

Itemization - compared to the silliness of old world items +wis on tank gear and spending 20 krono on it?

NPCs - getting rekt by afk auto bot farming aoe pick hopping Krono farmers....or killing named/quest mobs on a live server with zero issues of this sort?

Raids - AFKIng your way thru an entire raid night of 70+ people on a tlp or joining one of many guilds on live and actually participating / getting recognized for your contribution on content that requires more then mouth breathing?

keybind/button mash - well yes, but actually no.

Nostalgia? - dropping whole pay checks on silly old world items to be relevant. getting rekt by afk auto bot aoe pick farming heros. complaining about truebox, getting owned by truebox, still mass bot armies. like none of this is nostalgia...running around smacking skeletons and giants with auto attack is not "when the game was good" its just people who are stuck in 1999 chasing that first MMO high that every game launched since has been lacking. still say if you wanna experience EQ correctly a TLP is not the way (Unless you have 10+ friends to run the nostalgia race to pop..lel agnarr?) i still say if you move to a live server you will have a better time for the vast majority...
    Moldar and code-zero like this.
  13. Ishbu Augur

I agree these AE bot groups are disrupting zones, but at least there are ways to deal with these.

They cant AE pull unless the mobs have all respawned. Take your group to the open camp and wait for respawns. Kill when it respawns. A few min later the AE group will either train you which you can report or most likely they move along to the other mobs.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

At least if the take the deep it's a crap zone designed for ae. You'll get seb back , which is a good trade.
  15. Rcbauer Augur

Easy way to fix botters:

Don't leave any mobs up in your camp. Quit trying to 2 and 3 box it and get a real group going that isn't horribad.

You're welcome.
  16. Gabejenkins Journeyman

I mean this does suck but is also why some of us ask for pvp servers :(
  17. Xanathol Augur

The thread doesn't need to derail into a TLP vs Live debate, but as a rebuttal:
    1. Not much different from Live, except every expansion, live gear is the prior expansion gear plus a fixed percentage, ie. boring.

2. Killing the same boring mob the same boring way running the 1000th instance of a cookie cutter "complete the check box" quests. Real improvement!

3. Playing Simon says with GINA running over and over again. Live raid requirements are less than breathing.

4. Spam / autopress - no thought required!

Look, if Live makes you happy, enjoy yourself - we'll enjoy what we enjoy here.
  18. Lisard Silly

you contradict yourself...

and my post wasnt even directed at you, you are the one who took offense to it. my post was clearing to the people i quoted. was just giving an option to those being ignored and disheartened by the TLP scene, and only to those people.

if you enjoy the tlp, continue on sir. but everything you just listed is exactly what TLP is lol...open your eyes.
  19. Overcast451 Augur

Indeed, but if DBG has the perception that the botters bring in more revenue than 'casuals' - they should stop to consider both sides.

I have two accounts, my wife has two accounts. I buy about 2 Krono a month from DBG and 2000 in Daybreak cash for each of the 4 accounts. I don't always get that much DBG cash, but I felt like it this month.

Yeah, that's about $175.00 I spent on this old game this month, 6 accounts is only 90 a month. So the perception that botters spend more may not always be accurate. We also play with a friend who runs 2 accounts and buys more DBG cash than I do sometimes - mostly for XP/buff potions.

Considering that I don't drink or bar hop, watch almost no TV - it's on par with what many spend on entertainment a month.
    Chatoyan and Lisard like this.
  20. Febb Augur

The amount of time needed to actually prove someone is botting beyond just studying their behavior and actually prove they are using 3rd party hacks is probably why many of these botters haven't been banned yet. Daybreak likes to ban accounts in one big sweep instead of just one shotting. I know for a fact in the last patch they implemented some changes that is trying to combat these botters.

All the tin foil hatters saying that Daybreak is in on the business are just throwing a tantrum because they think the company isn't doing anything to combat the problem.