Pick Hopping AOE Farmers are Monopolizing Entire Zones on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Two of the most popular dungeons are now being entirely monopolized by AOEing pick hopping farmers on Mangler: Lower Guk and Old Sebilis.

In lower guk they pull everything on the dead side to the safe zone and AOE the mobs down. They don't respond to camp check because they don't care because they can get away with it.

The same is happening in Old Sebilies. They pull the entire top floor of Seb to the zone wall near the pathway to the ABC camp and AOE all the mobs down.

In both cases, when they are done they hop to the next pick. Rinse and repeat.

Normal players are being driven out of popular dungeons because of this. The monopolization of content was against the rules when we had the Play Nice Policy. I'm not sure anymore if it is. Nothing surprises me anymore on TLP servers. We have no active GMs that will enforce rules and most of the rules are been discarded.

Players who play on TLP servers like Mangler are PAYING CUSTOMERS as the All Access Pass subscription is required. Instead we are getting zero in-game support and GMs who tell us that "nothing can be done" (TM). As players we deserve far better than we are getting.

The play experience that average players are experiencing on TLP is not EverQuest. It's a sad and twisted mockery of what I and other players experienced 20 years ago.

Clearly the farmers, botters, hackers and cheaters come first. Rank and file players come second as we get whatever crumbs these miscreants happen to leave us.

A storm is coming to the MMORPG world at the end of August. Failure to deal with these ongoing problems is going to teach Daybreak Games a very important lesson: don't take the loyalty of your players for granted.
  2. haaaalp Augur

dibs on your gear before ragequit
  3. That0neguy Augur

First, no GM has ever told you "nothing can be done".
    Second, they are paying customers as well.
  4. Prolog New Member

I saw that LGUK safehall AOE group last night. At least they left our hamlord mobs unmolested.
  5. potatoface Journeyman

I too enjoy buying tickets for a movie, then wearing a huge hat and playing a kazoo the whole time.
    Ragnoruk and discordkitty like this.
  6. Bard2019 Elder

I have in fact, been told this very thing by quite a few GM's during my many years playing EQ.
  7. a_librarian Augur

[IMG]
    Ragnoruk, Sheex and potatoface like this.
  8. potatoface Journeyman

[IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  9. Gromden New Member

It's cute that you think DBG cares. They really don't. The only thing they care about is their bottom line and that means the botters are worth more to them as customers than those of us that only have 1 or 2 accounts. They would rather lose us than the bunches of accounts the botters have.

It's sad but it's true. DBG tells all of us this by not actively monitoring the servers and taking care of these types of people. Two options. Quit or move on. That's it.
  10. Tmerz New Member

Just FYI that storm you speak of has no form of Truebox. The 10-40 boxers will be in full force when you get there don't you worry.
  11. Hdizzle Augur

LOL wait till the tears when people cant find mining nodes or Kickbot owning everyone in arenas and BGS LOLOL.
    Excessive Lol cause funny.
    Also PSA, Selo has exited the RMT portion of their tlp server so a lot of people are going to come chill at mangler while its in the lull before Velious.
  12. Yummydain New Member

Phasing / sharding, instanced dungeons, an actual team of GMs, developed detection tools, and PVP make this a non issue. And here we are, circling back to 2004 to show why WoW was such a huge success.
  13. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Everyone claiming "Daybreak views the botters as higher income" fails to realize that if people quit for Classic WOW or any other game, eventually the botters will have nobody to sell to, and in turn leave themselves, then we'll have yet another dead TLP waste of space sitting around. But hey, using full circle logic has never been this boards strongest suit.

Inb4 "Play on Selo we have no botters" brigade shows up. Ya'll got no players either, stay out.
    Ragnoruk and TLP Addict like this.
  14. Fluid Augur

The irritating thing is the way they let no one else enjoy the game the way they want to. Mangler was designed to be a TrueBox TLP server where game knowledge and grouping would be king<queen>.

What has happened for some reason is people with no desire to put the work into educating themselves and people trying to make a buck have completely circumvented the intent. Understand that I have two paid accounts and multiple computers so I could defeat the intent of the server, just that I don't. Sheesh! If I want to run multiple characters on a single computer I will just go play live. There was an ethos to the server.

I suspect it was exactly because it was designed to be a tough, start from scratch, display your game play and knowledge to get ahead why we have all the Krono buyers and sellers. A side show of this is all the people paying Kronos for levels.

Now the thing is, if DB had a server that said ~"Free for all Krono and account mischief" I could happily stay away from it and leave them to their own devices. Why they can't leave us<me> alone is beyond comprehension. At this stage I think the self serving people that have come to dominate Mangler will continue to do so there and anywhere else a 'clean' server is attempted.

FWIW: Logged in last night and there were groups of 6 with 5 in follow mode just about everywhere I went.There's still a couple of people playing in a style consistent with the intent of the server but they are out numbered.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Yes, it's quite short sighted to let botters or AE groups run rampant, they might provide a bunch of subs in the short term but if they drive all the more casual player base away eventually their operation becomes unsustainable and they scale back or move to another game/server.

Having said that they pop another TLP every 18 months or so to somewhat mitigate this.

Give it a few weeks and we get Velious for a bit more elbow room.
  16. TLP Addict Augur

We got ran out of Disco by a certain Big named AE PLer, we'd been in the camp for several hours when we had to go back to ent to pick up a rep, got back to our camp and he trained us out. DBG don't care, the box team operators don't care, it's all about dem krono.

Not much to do but wait it out though.
  17. Meridian Augur

There will be quite a few botters moving to WoW when it drops.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  18. Nothappening Lorekeeper

why not do both? not like wow has a truebox restriction.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

The wow classic rmt will make mangled look like those elementary school Christmas sales where the kids buy junk for their parents.
    Lateryn, AcemoneyFV and code-zero like this.
  20. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I decided to investigate the current Play Nice Policy and found the following:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct

When 90% of the mobs are being pulled, engaged and killed by one group then, yes, that is disrupting the normal playability of a zone. I go to dungeon to adventure, not to wait around for hours until the professional AOE farmers leave. 20 years ago this kind of egregious behavior would have never been tolerated by SOE.

If Daybreak Games is unwilling to police this blatant disruptive misbehavior in EverQuest then they should at least give players the option of having private instances of any zone.