Due to unusual activity on your account...What?!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Trey, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Trey Elder

I'm a casual player that connects through Steam and I'm getting this message today:

• Due to unusual activity on your account, we require additional account security and verification, in order to continue play. Please click here to add a valid mobile phone number to your account.
    I've 2 problems. 1) I've received nothing from Daybreak as far as an e-mail is concerned explaining what happened to create this restriction. What IS the concern? 2) I don't exactly feel comfortable giving the Russian owned company my cell-phone number...it gives me a bad vibe. And, while I'm sure it's completely innocuous, it's also completely unnecessary if not unreasonable to lockdown my account and FORCE that information from me barring anything short of a data-breach. So, is that what occurred? And, if so WHY THE HECK would they not even bother sending me an e-mail to explain that to me.

Has this happened to anyone else? I find it incredibly troubling.
    bard10one likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You may want to hold off doing anything. This has happened in 2015, 2017 and 2018 and it was a system problem that caused more problems. This link is one example:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/2-step-verification-now-required.238305/

Most of the players who did put in a phone number still could not verify and get in. EQ does have a legitimate 2 step cell phone number verification but it is something YOU set up in account management. Not something that DBG DEMANDS you have.

If any thing see if you can file a ticket from another account
  3. Warpeace Augur

log out and back in, maybe even reboot your PC and then try again. Should be good after that.

But don't do the extra security garbage.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and lockjaws like this.
  4. Trey Elder

Evidently I used a different card with a different name on my account (my wife's) and they locked it down b/c of that--which is perfectly reasonable and makes sense.
    Thanks for getting back to me Daybreak.
    Skuz and klanderso like this.
  5. svann Augur

They got the 2 step authentication thing working?
  6. Grove Augur

How did you come upon this information? Was this in response to a petition? When clarified, did you then avoid the additional security measures?
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Resurrecting an old thread... I've gotten this today. However I *CAN'T* do 2 factor auth as the system won't even accept my cell phone number. I've got a petition in now, waiting for a reply. /boggle.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It seems this system doesn't work with Canadian numbers at all... so now what?
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Petition from a different account. They'll get it corrected.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It was on this account. Forums worked fine, petitioning worked from this account. And it got fixed by end of day. No reply with why it happened.. just was fixed.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

With all the database-related issues flying around, it may have just been related to that. At my work we still use old mainframe systems for certain contracts. When these systems get overwhelmed with requests they do all manner of weird things. Could be that Darkpaw's systems experience similar voodoo.
  12. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Ah, right. You changed credit cards and your account subsequently got locked down. And you had no idea what changed to cause it. Right. Well, glad you're back...
  13. bard10one New Member

Who cares if you did do that? I don't see how that justifies demanding more information from you.
  14. Iven Antonius Bayle

Please read again !
    Nobody is asking for YOUR phone number, the software robot is just showing a text message which is a bussiness offer. You do not have to agree with it or do anything as you should have a free will. It even could be phishing scam. You can enter any phone number if you want to accept the offer and it is possible that you do not have a phone at all.