Stat Bloat

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jimmy2times, Jul 27, 2019.

1. kizant Augur

It hasn't been very consistent though. TDS to TBM was a pretty small increase and RoS to TBL was a little too much. Or yeah maybe they just add a couple more augs.
  2. menown Augur

WTB casting poison and casting disease/corruption type 18/19s.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

We need more mudflation, not less.

Let’s be honest, we all like more stats. Some of you just enjoy pain and slow EQ. ;)
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You monster, how could you?!
    Nniki likes this.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I did that by choosing the stats for this expansion last expansion (I did not make any actual items, simply chose stats)
    Meh. I generate stats, then "Hand Tweak" heroics, hand add AC (the tool I uses doesn't handle AC), Hand edit augments (yeah, tool doesn't do them either), hand edit weapon damage, hand add spells.
    Then a few tweaks here and there.
    Now things like the 4 evolving items... that *is* almost all "hand edited"
  6. Cicelee Augur

Because you called me a monster and hurt me in the feels, I am going to Thanos snap the belts and make them 15% next expansion!

And if Sancus doesn't like this post, then I will make it 10%!
    Nniki and Mintalie like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Let me guess the order of time spent creating each new expansion's items, please correct me if I'm wrong:

stats < item graphics < names <<<< figuring out why the damn item focus/procs aren't working <<<<<<< writing genius lore text that makes multi-level references that only you and a select group of people get
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

close
    stats << spells < item graphics < names < writing genius lore text that makes multi-level references that only you and a select group of people get <<< figuring out why the damn item focus/procs aren't working

The darned spells are a PITA... and we do names at the same time we do the obscure lore :)
  9. feeltheburn Augur

any chance the enhancement augs can not be so ABSURDLY rare? not asking them to drop like candy for God's sake
    Yinla and ShadowMan like this.
  10. ShadowMan Augur

The RNG is the RNG but I probably have have 8 toons with just about every slot 18 their class could want, not that they all can use them yet. Plus given away probably 150+ to guildmates or general. Much of this occurred well before he increased the drop rate a few months ago. And have yet to see an enhancement drop.

I know he already said no to putting them on a vendor but really should be a quest that if you turn in 20 or even 40 slot 18's you then get to pick one of your choice.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Allayna Augur

I feel...uncomfortable with just how much Ngreth has “handled” my gear. o_O
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Monkman Augur

#stopkiillzfromgettingenhancement
  13. feeltheburn Augur

such h8....
  14. Ditka Journeyman

That would be nice. Still have never seen an Enhancement version drop. Seen everything else multiple times over.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  15. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

How many expansions have Sharpshooting IX showed up on gear without an upgrade? The Eighteenth expansion? How many years ago ? Level 95?
  16. Lilura Augur

Then don't do it. Add more content, fix bugs that are all over the game and deal with other long neglected issues rather than waste all your time giving us old spells with new names and a stat boost. I'm so sick of you guys thinking levels = content and then doing a lousy job of it.
  17. Brohg Augur

levels are content. They're the most content. Levels open up existing and fully developed challenges to the masses.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And Cold!
    Goburs and menown like this.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So items should be the stub names we see on beta with no icons (Currently the default Icon I use is a question mark... cloth cap lead to a small amount of confusion) or graphical appearance other than a bag? Examples of the stub names:
    tank mask //RT1 agidex
    all mask //RT1 strsta
    all mask //RT1 intwis
    all neck //RT1 AC
    all neck //RT1 agidex
    all neck //RT1 strsta
    all shoulders //RT1 agidex
    all shoulders //RT1 strsta
    all shoulders //RT1 AC
    all shoulders //RT1 intwis
  20. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Coercer neck XII