Ranger Multi Binds?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jreal, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Fintank Augur

I assure you I am not writing anyone off because of a guild tag. I could care less where anyone hangs their cap, I talk to players not guilds. I simply posted in this thread to correct information that was wrong, regardless of if it was something small. People actually come to forums to look for advice at times and I prefer they not take advice based on incorrect assumptions instead of actual testing.

Like I said, I parsed this information out before I even posted, instead of doing the same you decided to argue your way into a hole. We also have 6 raiding Ranger mains currently and 3 that are semi-retired on top, however I don't know what that has to do with the topic at hand. My Rangers trust me and are active in trying to increase their performance when they feel they're not putting out what they should be. They trust me to help them because I do testing and explain things, which is what I try to do on these boards.

I realize a lot of times how I put things or respond to them are blunt and seemingly douchey, I promise you it's very rarely ever intentional. Numbers are hard and cold, it's hard to explain things based off them in a warm and friendly manner.

I'm sure you and your fellow rangers do great, I have absolutely no reason not to think that. I also don't care, the only people who should are you and your guildmates. If you think that you are doing enough and performing at max, awesome! I'm not trying to get you to change all your stuff around, if you believe in what/how you do things and it's working then keep doing you! All I'm *trying* to do is provide additional information for others who maybe want to do that extra amount and max out. I'm sorry if you feel I attacked you in some way, misinformation gets under my skin so I correct it.
    Danaleigh, Spellfire and Lisard like this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It’s really just your opinion that this is misinformation. You took the time to write three paragraphs to discredit filler. That’s all it is, filler. There is more than one way to skin a cat in this game. My way is over all performance for guild dps. It works. Sometimes in life, you come across people that over value themselves. You make it sound because of one filler skill your knowledge is so much better than anyone else’s and that you are crushing people over what? A couple thousand dps because 1 spell gem? Tops? Oh yeah, that makes such a massive difference. Your guild gets to go to bed like 4 minutes faster at the end of the night. Get this man a beer! Man, get out here with your hot air.

The fact of the matter is this: people in RA are saying lol Fin is saying Jhenna is wrong while people in Rote are saying lol Jhenna is saying Fin is wrong. It’s the same old bull that’s gone on here for literally decades. It’s why our class class can never get anything done in BETAs. Epeens and the size and girth of parses get in the way, as usual. For whatever the reason, no class in EQ has larger Silos than the Ranger class. Maybe it’s a side effect of having more depth than other classes. Whatever it is, it keeps a small population of Rangers posting on these boards despite the fact that Rangers are like rabbits - they’re everywhere. I’ll point out also, we have two past class boards that completely died over the years while other class boards continue on. Just judging by how we all talk to each other here it should come as no surprise Rangers managed to do that. Kill two boards.
  3. Fintank Augur

I guess parse numbers from both raids and the GH disproving something make it an opinion now. Oh how the turn tables! I literally read the posts and went and parsed the spells so the CORRECT data was here. This has nothing to do with me "thinking I have more knowledge." Literally anyone could've done the same in all of 10 minutes.

I don't understand what's so hard to accept about that.
  4. Thraine Augur

thanks Jhenna, ill def check out heartcleave. i seem to do just fine with boon normally making top 5 on burns, top 10 on sustained events. but more deeps is more deeps! .. also just try to ignore all the trolls on these ranger threads, clearly people need more hobbies lol
  5. Swendiline-Torvo New Member

I can tell you none of our Rangers use Heartcleave, and it certainly isn't for a lack of testing. If you want to use it to proc GoM (Lol, what?) go ahead, but it's not a higher DPS option by any means

I find it a smidge amusing that you're accusing Fin of being somehow elitist (RA finished higher than RoTE) and dismissive of your views when he's gone out of his way to provide data from his own raid parses and he's tested his claims several times whereas you've done nothing but supply the snark and have yet to substantiate your claim that Heartcleave is a better DPS option. "Overall better dps for the guild"? that makes 0 sense, there should be no issue procing alliance with 6 bloody rangers and using heartcleave won't make any difference in that, also, way to change the Goalposts. YOU came into this thread and told someone ELSE they're doing things wrong and should use Heartcleave. You're advocating for a spell that isn't fully modable, why? because you can't have several 30s recast spells memmed? How many buffs do you have permanently wasting your spell slots? Now you've backed yourself into a corner and STILL refuse to actually provide any evidence to support your stance. Your first response was "Nuh uh, maybe go try it, gawd". He provided evidence that he has indeed tried it and likely tried it again before responding just to be sure, then your response was "You're elitist, I hold my own just fine tyvm so my opinion is unassailable and I don't need to back up the statement I made, I'm right". Then you go off about how it's just a filler spell and why are we even talking about it, YOU brought it up and made a baseless claim regarding it's use. You wonder why 2 ranger boards have died? Look in the mirror

Thraine - Lol at calling Fin the troll in this exchange, Jhenna's tone is infinitely less conducive to discourse
    Danaleigh, Fintank, Drogba and 2 others like this.
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

Rangers=NFL receivers

I love seeing emotions take over from reason on ForumQuest.

Fin, keep up the honest and truthful posts on spell data. Don't sweat the unreasonable emotional attacks for no reason.

Not sure why anyone thought that Fin's post was a troll or any kind of attack on someone. It is funny to read however. Thanks for picking up Avory's slack!

Jhenna, you need a snickers. :)
    Fintank likes this.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

Dude, you are way off base. Trolling????

I wouldn't measure your dps on just what your guild is doing. You should check it against what other rangers on other servers are doing. Living in a silo is no way to be. I thought you understood that from the Avory thread. What may be top 5 or 10 in your guild might not make top 20 in another or it could go the other way where other guilds are not doing as well as your guild.

Maybe your rangers would occupy all the tops spots in another guild's parse or maybe they don't crack the top 20.

What I would give to see guilds post parses to compare against each other. What constitutes ruling the parse in one guild might get you the bench in another.

Not sure why some rangers resent Fintank's strategies or thoughts on the ranger class. The dude can parse and raiding ranger mains shouldn't close themselves off from any chance to get better from either him or maybe some hot shot cleric that also plays a ranger etc.

I don't understand this, you don't main a ranger or you don't raid a ranger, so you don't know what you are talking about type of attitude. Not so much on this thread as in others, but it is still here too.
    Fintank likes this.
  8. Killaas_FV New Member

Heartcleave? RIP, my condolences.
    Fintank, kizant and Sancus like this.
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

There's far, far, far too many variables for this to be of any value not least the ever present but rarely discussed Lance Armstrong factor.
  10. Drogba Augur

The irony in using the word 'elitist'.

The most cringey kind of elitists are the ones that turn into children when presented with facts which reveal that they are wrong.

The insecurities on display are very /popcorn, more please!
  11. Zaknaffein Augur

Rangers DPS is so PUNY, I eat them for breakfast. So cute with whos macro is better, IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT YOU USE CAUSE I WILL STILL DESTROY YOU.

Just like drogba and Terces, thinking they are DPS... Son you ain't seen what a real DPS pars looks like till you raid with me.

You may continue now with which guild is better, whos weaves are better, who looks hotter IRL, who can beat off faster and who can make bigger numbers on Gampars.
    Drogba and Fintank like this.
  12. haaaalp Augur

Spelling is hard...
  13. Zaknaffein Augur

Nurd
    Fintank likes this.
  14. Lisard Silly

*throws findictives quiver in the ocean of tears*

Show us the ranger heal parse!!! nubudy kares about you arrow spells!
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I simply use Summer's on Guardian and General Rep. I seem to parse higher going Call > Diss > Focused > Summer's.
  16. roth Augur

The 30 second recast nukes (Boon, and the base version) have one advantage over Summer’s : they get more from Spell Dmg. Generally speaking, I do not find them worth using.

Spells that do less damage than Summer’s do not find themselves in my spell lineup. Its that simple.

Its not about mana efficiency. Its not about doing the most Damage Per Mana. Its about doing the most Damage Per Time, which generally means Damage Per Cast. And this trend is, admittedly, why we seem to run out of mana all the dang time. Since there are a few spells that do more than Summer’s, those spells get priority in the cast order, but if it cannot outdamage Summer’s, it comes after Summer’s in the cast order, which means it may as well not even be there.
  17. Zunar Augur

Summer's isn't a nuke per se, it's a proc isnt it?
    If you are grouped with a chanter and get IoG, you need something else to trigger it that summer's afaik. Like a regular nuke spell.
    About heartcleave..doesn't it get a boost when used with called shots effect on the target?
    I'm no expert on rangers but wanted to add my 2 cents.
  18. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Summer's is a nuke

Called Shots Mods Archery attacks, Heartcleave is not flagged as an archery attack the way Dissident/Focused are, I'd presume it is not effected by Called Shots
  19. Brohg Augur

Summers is not Frozen or Maelstrom. Bst combo nukes are different from Summers.
    Zunar likes this.
  20. Sancus Augur

Not to mention that IoG affects procs.