I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Kiizze New Member

Hi Dreamweaver, Welcome aboard.
    I noticed quite a number of people asked about transferring characters to other accounts and thus far this has not been answered by anyone at Daybreak (and you seem to have avoided the question too) as to why we are not allowed to use this service anymore. I have many active accounts and two more FTP accounts just waiting for this service so that I can move a few characters around. The change happened after a series of bans for people breaking rules so not sure if this was the trigger, however NO-ONE has ever been given a reason (good or bad) why this service was withdrawn. For long time players like myself (20+ years) that bot, I do not want to have to go through the hassle of making new characters when i have great characters that I invested time and and now cannot use. Please, please get this service back so I can spend more of my hard earned money on subs.
    Mintalie likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Roxxly is Community Manager here now https://www.thebehemoth.com/
  3. john5 Lorekeeper

This is like saying "I have the palate of a 12-year old". I would know. It was my favorite when I was 12, before I stopped eating garbage.

So you're telling me that I'm more qualified for your job than you? Because I also played many of those games, and my heart lies with EQ, or I wouldn't be here saying this. Anyway, color me unimpressed.

You lost the popular vote. #notmycommunitymanager.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  4. Geroblue Augur

Howdy over here to !
    dreamweaver likes this.
  5. Zozz New Member

You can start by getting rid of all the AFK farmers and bots on the Firiona Vie server. All of the REAL players will thank you. Including myself. Ask me if you want the names of all the bots and AFK farmers, I know them well.
    Geroblue likes this.
  6. kenmei Augur

Hi Dream, myself also a huge Gaimen fan of that world. Ahh, to , nvm..
    The reply above, is truly the root of all evil playerside. It followed into the TLPs manifested into guilds.
    Are we allowed to have this discussion with you? For there are so many theories wild in speculation as to why things are the way they are. Are you here to address and hopefully we find solutions? or is this not in your scope and we still not allowed to talk about it.

Oh and welcome btw, 8)
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

As in anything there will likely be things that we can't discuss but I am always here to listen. I will say something I learned a long time ago, and this is in reference to many, many situations. Context is always important in any given situation.

If somewhere there exists a solution for anything that gets discussed on forums that I can talk about or weigh in on, I will. That's part of my job, and I want to know what's going on with the players and their experiences while playing the game.

Thanks for the welcome, I am excited to get to know all of you.
  8. Majin-ryokoryu Journeyman

Until you get the conventions back and show up each year in a new, elaborately designed dwarf costume you made yourself then you're an imposter.
  9. dreamweaver Community Manager

Tall order, I guess I will need to learn to sew.
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Cloudia Augur

Sewing will be the easy part, the beard and alcohol tolerance will take some work.
    (see? you shoulda been a gnome so you could rise above this).
  11. Majin-ryokoryu Journeyman

No, see then I woulda demanded he show up in a clockwork walker he made himself.
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

Oh, I got the beard and the second part covered.
  13. AcemoneyFV Augur

No, we love them. Go away with your tears.
  14. Powell New Member

Now that all of the not-community managers have had a chance to speculate on the status of this functionality, debate the validity of the question, and generally not move the needle on getting an answer, is there any chance Dreamweaver can ask around the office and get us an official status?*
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Should unban all the forum accounts and wipe the slate clean. Sure, spammers are in there, but unlikely those accounts are ever logged in again. But there were a LOT of people banned for no real good reason over a period of about a year, maybe 4? 5? years ago, and the forums lost a lot of posters, traffic, parsers, analysis, etc, in the process.

But how about the following changes:

If an account is suspended/banned, you can still log in and like, see the reason why, and send a PM to red names to actually appeal, versus not being able to do anything or know anything. Lock the ability to post, not the ability to read anything on the forums at all without clearing your cookies.

Oh, and actually read and respond to appeals versus waiting until 30 days after the suspension has already passed to reply with a cut and paste from forum rules, not referencing whatever you supposedly said, and ignoring anything the person wrote.

And monitor abuse of the report function. For awhile, ANY time someone hit that button, with nothing wrong or against the rules, people getting things deleted.
  16. Tanacious Lorekeeper

In the words of a famous video game character....

"Fresh Meat!!"

Good thing we don't play that game here!
    Welcome to the jungle. Next year you will be able to drink with my characters as they will be old enough....
    dreamweaver likes this.
  17. Kiizze New Member

So Dreamweaver can you please confirm that the account to account transfer service is one of those things you can't discuss, because all I'm seeing is you ignoring the request for information. if you are not able to comment, can you please let us know who we can contact to try and get this resolved. It's the one thing that makes me upset about EQ and makes me think about deactivating most of my accounts.
  18. dreamweaver Community Manager

I can't confirm I can't discuss it. I am waiting for more information before I give an answer. I'd prefer to give an accurate one.
  19. Tucoh Augur

I have no information to back this up but the rumor is that account to account transfers are on hold because of a dupe-exploit was found (or was known and they always knew about it, lol) and fixing it while also streamlining the account to account transfers are too expensive.

I'm surprised it's taken this long because assuming it only takes a few minutes to transfer a char it's just almost pure profit.
  20. I am leet New Member

There was a player on Mangler who claims there is an dupe exploit when you server transfer It does not use just a Transfer token. He went to the developers about the bug. He realized it would not be right to keep the duplicated items but he also paid for the transaction. A dishonest player would have kept doing it multiple times and then transfer to FV and cashed out.The developers want him to spend more money so they could understand the bug and how it worked but the Devs did not compensate him for his trouble. So he got mad and deleted all the duplications. Then he filed a dispute with his CC Company. DB banned his 20 year old account as a result. Is that right Dreamweaver? Punishing people for speaking up and doing the right thing? The whole situation was handled all wrong from the start. Most of the customer service department had been laid off during this time. DB accused him for fraudulent activity but never respond to the dispute to the credit card company investigating the claim which banned his account.

When Daybreak bans an account for a chargeback, They lose all the time they have acquired on their account. What if part of the charge back included a subscription plan, Are they supposed to pay for something they have to buy again right? or they don't play? That's messed up. I see why EQ is losing players every day.