Cleric augs

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Denel, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Denel New Member

is Tomb of manipulation a aug most cleric s are rocking these days? What are some other must have augs for raid clerics these days?
  2. Tour Augur

High AC, HP / hSta (unless perhaps really close enough to next tier of shielding to justify more hWis beyond base gear). While I don't go for mana, I still have a Tomb just cause the mana equiv it gives is so comparably high and effectively auto scales with your spell cost. Shawl 3.0 and the like really starting to show age. The other very few heal proc'ing augs are also very old, weak, and come with opportunity costs of better stats based augs. Beyond survivability it's just hard to get much useful out of augs (gear in general too, foci aside). I was looking forward to the augs on beta that increased all outgoing heals by a small set percent as it was one of the few bits of gear that would have helped in our core role, but never made to live.
    Gundolin likes this.
  3. Annastasya Augur

i choose augments based on stats in this general order- Heroic Wisdom, Mana, Heal Amount, Mana Regen, Hitpoints, Heroic Stamina, Armor Class, Heroic Agility. Everything beyond those is about equally useful.

Overall quality and balance is more important to me than maxing one stat.
    And still using Tome of Manipulation, yes.

Edit- i recommend going to eq.magelo.com and checking out some of the cleric profiles from top tier raiding guilds to see a good sample of the large variety of augments that clerics are currently using.
  4. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Similar to Annastasya, I also pick augs mainly based on stats, but slightly different order:
    + heal
    + Wis
    Mana
    Agi then whatever else.
  5. Conq Augur

I build for HP's. So stamina augs. I've read +heal has a negligible effect, and all your raid gear will give you plenty of +heal anyway. I never run low on mana unless someone else has missed an emote and mana drained me, so it's all HP all the time for me.
    Conq
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Avoidance then AC/HP. Because a dead cleric heals no one!
  7. Ambition Apprentice

I've gone for Hsta since EoK came out, before that it was Hagi. With enough decent gear mana isn't a problem for clerics, even with using QP. I'm sure there are arguments that the % augs are useful, but in my experience if you don't have a problem with mana...stat augs are more beneficial. Hsta helps in all scenarios because usually the damage clerics take are ae's, not melee (which AC would be most beneficial here).