Original Everquest, is there a server for it?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kalbic, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Kalbic New Member

I want the very original vanilla server that I played in 1999. I don't want cresent reach or any of the new classes or races. Does a server like that exist?
  2. Riou EQResource

No, the best you are gonna get is a TLP server
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

To clarify, Mangler is currently in Kunark, will open Velious soon, and unlocks expansions every 12 weeks. That is the furthest back you can go at present.

Agnarr is permanently locked in the PoP era (which includes Legacy of Ykesha and Lost Dungeons of Norrath being unlocked), so that would likely be your option if your goal is to never see more current content.

No server gives you a completely Classic experience. Many Quality of Life improvements that have been implemented over the years remain because they can't be separated out.

Also, if you have a paid account (which you would need to play on the TLP servers like Mangler and Agnarr), you don't have to start in Crescent Reach or ever see it on Live if you choose not to, but you would have an exceptionally solo play experience there if you were to stick to Classic content.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Make it your self! That is what is great about EQ - you play how you want to.

So start a paying account which will allow you to choose your start city and then play like the old days. All the quests are still there. Turn off new models so you will even have the old look. Now go look up old quests that do not take you thru Cresent Reach.
  5. Kalbic New Member

What I loved and hated about the game when I started in vanilla was that you had garbage gear. I don't like the idea of Cresent Reach because it decks you out with really good gear that you wouldn't have received for a long while in the original. I started back in 1999 as a dwarf warrior and I think my first piece of magical gear came from Crushbone and I was likely level 14 or more at that time. It was hard going but that's what separated the wheat from the chaff.
  6. RonSchmidt New Member

As an aside to this isue, My Wife and I started in 1999 as well. We were both Paladins. People calledus " The pumpkin" Pallys because we managed to get complete outfits of Bronze ")
  7. Tucoh Augur

8. Phiyre Augur

Like Tucoh said, project 99 is the best, closest thing to vanilla as you can get.Plus, it's free which is really nice.

TLP is a joke w/ the boxers/cash farmers etc. Far from the original eq experience.
  9. SunDrake Augur

You wanna look into P99. Their Green Server launches in October. Read up.