Breakdown in Communication #10 broken?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xhunai, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Xhunai New Member

Heya folks, I've completed all the steps up to number 10, gotten the augmentation crafted, and all was going well till I tried to speak with Fezbin and it's saying I'm not done helping the other wayfarer's, even though I have all the pieces done up to that point. Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone found a work around? Or know of a hidden flag I may have missed somewhere along the way? Any help would be appreciated as my petition was looked over, and the GM says there's no way to fix it until the devs look at it.
  2. Baldur Augur

You have a smokey green gemstone then?

My only suggestion would be to go back through all the dialogues with all the npcs. Make sure you say everything allas has listed, and see if that fixes it.
  3. Xhunai New Member

I've tried speaking with all the previous NPC's, I've even tried redoing some steps but they won't accept pieces or progress the quest in anyway
  4. Baldur Augur

CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Prathun Developer

What's the item ID of the augment you have?
    Meredyth likes this.
  6. Xhunai New Member

Hmm, I'm not sure how to check the item id of the augment. In my petition, the GM tried to give me the jagged blood shard for #10 to advance the quest, but it did nothing but make the augment. Still did not give me the flag to unlock turning in the last 4 pieces. The aug I had before was this:
    Smokey Green Gemstone [Melee]
    Now it is:
    Adventurer's Stone of Might [Lore tag: 10 of 14 sockets have been filled]

The issue seems to lie in the fact some previous flag in the first 9 steps bugged out and now will not allow me to speak to Fezbin to advance to the 10 - 14 steps.
  7. Hadesborne Augur

The #9 quest can get buggy if done in a wierd order, as well as some of the Kod'Taz progression (the exact things are conveniently missing from Allah's walkthru) (it just says some of the progression). You must do all hails etc in order if I recall. Time to petition and get it fixed.
  8. yerm Augur

Make sure you actually say "I have completed my task" and are not merely hailing. He will not acknowledge you are finished and hail will not return a blue dialogue option to click, since the kt/yx chain is what informs you to say these words to him.

If that doesn't work, make sure after you turned in all the yxtta pages that you asked about kodtaz, possibly again. The quest order is yx 8 kt 9, so you may want to try another go at "frightful temple" just in case.
  9. Xhunai New Member

I have tried all those steps @ yerm and no luck. I've went through and hailed everyone that was a part of the quest, I've even tried to redo some steps to see if maybe one of them just bugged out, but to no avail. Thank you for trying to help though!
    @hadesborne - I've already petitioned, and the GM was unable to assist me and said they would have to let a developer look into it.
    @Prathun I'm not sure if that information will give you what you need, but it is on selo's server
  10. Prathun Developer

Thanks. Looks like that's Item 67669, the melee version of the 10th augment.

Doing the quest naturally, your next step should be to combine:
    67669 Adventurer's Stone of Might
    67672 Condensed Matter Shard (see below)
    67704 Vaifan's Clockwork Gemcutter Tools
    in:
    67659 Vaifan's Experimental Sealer

This combine would/should result in:
    67673 Black Matter Gemstone 11 of 14 sockets have been filled

You get item 67672 by handing 67564 Shard of Dark Matter (the one from Qvic) to Beanalle Banoam.
    However, there's a bit (sometimes surfaced as a player flag) that this quest checks for. If you don't have the bit set to 3, Beanalle will simply hand you back item 67654.
    You must say 'yes' or 'I am willing' to Beanalle to have this bit incremented from 2 to 3.
    You must have said 'completed task' to Fezbin to have had this bit incremented from 1 to 2.
    I suspect one of these two dialogues is the step that you're missing, but let us know.
    Meredyth and code-zero like this.
  11. qweasy Augur

No wonder eq has so many problems...
    Boze and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  12. Xhunai New Member

Yeah, that's the issue, I cannot get Beanalle Banoam to speak with me at all so I can turn in the [Dark Matter Shard] and progress the quest. I just get the default *ignores you and stares out at the ocean* line. @Prathun

There's a hidden flag or 'bit' as you put it missing on my character for some unknown reason.
    I can also post the petition ticket # so you can see the interactions I had with the GM regarding this issue if that helps as well
  13. Xhunai New Member

These steps will not work
  14. Prathun Developer

If you're seeing "Beanalle Banoam continues to look at the horizon wrapped in his thoughts. He disregards your presence." when you hail Beanalle, then your Progbit is 0 or 1.
    It's most likely 1. If you say 'completed task' to Fezbin and he responds with "Your assistance is still needed elsewhere. Find Vaifan, L`diava, or Taminoa and see what you can do for them." then Progbit is 1.
    To increment that to 2, you need to say 'completed task' to Fezbin and have the following other criteria fulfilled:
    CITYFin bit set to 1
    SWMNEvt bit set to 1
    TMPEvt bit set to 1

CITYFin should be set to 1 when you hand in the third and last of the following items to Taminoa Bialu:
    67516 Talwin's Final Report
    67526 Rondo's Report
    67417 Reyna's Scout Report

SWMNEvt should be set to 1 when you hand in the following item to Vaifan Cogswin:
    67536 Outer Regions Scouting Report

TMPEvt should be set to 1 when you hand in the following item to L`diava Rexxen:
    67562 Sealed Confession
    or all of these items to L`diava Rexxen:
    67703 Xounii's Journal Page 2 Right Half
    67556 Xounii's Journal Page 2 Left Half
    67557 Xounii's Journal Page 3 Left Half
    67558 Xounii's Journal Page 3 Right Half

Did the ticket indicate which bit(s) you were missing?
    Meredyth and Heartland like this.
  15. Xhunai New Member

The ticket did not specify which flags were completed and which were showing incomplete, however, I do have all the pieces for the BiC quest and I did turn in all of those pieces. Fezbin would not respond to a hail or 'completed task'. The GM gave me the reward from Fezbin but did not adjust the 'bits' to the proper counters.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Been a couple of years since i did this on Phinny. But have you done all the Ikkinz group trials as well as all the flagging hails for them? If i remember correctly you need to. You can't just get the quest piece from the 3rd one
  17. yerm Augur

Hmm. Did you for sure turn in the ikk3 drop to ldiava and then that corresponding note to kevran in kt? I wonder if perhaps you could have done all that he asked = sealed confession but without the flags or bits or whatever from the cloak turn in first, and have that result in a kt shard (9) given to you without all the steps updated? You may want to consider redoing these kt parts for good measure, painful as that sounds: do tri fates, say frightful temple to ldiava, turn in cloak, take note to kevran, say I have done all that you asked, take sealed confession back.

My only other wonder would be if you somehow turned in the 4 pages for yx prior to turning in the 1 from shapeshifter (don't think this is even possible) or somehow managed to skip a completion flag for the 2nd aug despite doing all the combines (you had to if you got to the end). You for sure did the final tipt combine IN tipt or vxed and handed in the outer regions report?
  18. Prathun Developer

This conversation was taken to PMs, but to add some resolution here, the character was missing progress in Qinimi.
    We also uncovered a bug in that it's not possible, or at least not easy or practical, to get another Stone of Entry if you've deleted yours, so I'm going to change that quest's script to create a safety net there.
    Gana, Meredyth, Aegir and 2 others like this.
  19. Aegir Augur

This quest is probably one of the best in game - if not one of the best quest in all MMO's. Did you work on it back when you guys developed Gates of Discord? Just busting out some fan praise here :)
  20. Prathun Developer

The quest was largely implemented by Silius, though it tied into the content that other people on the team had created for the zones they were working on. One could make the argument that he drove the design of that quest and should be solely credited. One could also make the argument that everyone who worked on Gates of Discord content contributed. In any case, glad you enjoyed it. :)