GMM and Trophies and

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Heajol, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Heajol Augur

So I'm a returning player after 12 years away and I've been trying to do a lot of reading up on what I have missed out on. The last expansion I played on Live was TBS and I've played up to Underfoot on TLP / Test.

I'm finding it really handy that House of Thule is the expansion right after Underfoot so I feel like it's a continuation of sorts from where I left off.

So right now I'm working on heroic augs and it looks like I will get a trophy: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=91111

So I've never had a house .. I assume I need a house to put the trophy in to get any stats from it? Is there an NPC that teaches you about housing? I found the one for the guild hall. Are there any recommended trophies that I should look out for?

In all my reading I keep hearing about GMM - is that the latest group content? What's the minimum level to participate in a "GMM". I do read a lot but it's like learning a whole new language when I don't understand what the acronyms mean.

I've also learned about Heroic Adventures and will probably try one soon. Are the dailies worth doing? Are dailies only available from the two - brothers ? - outside of the guild lobby in PoK?

Should I be going through the expansions in order?

I'm mostly in Tier 1 Veil of Alaris group gear now and getting the heroic augs on my heroic toons. My paladin is not a heroic however, and I'm sadface that she can't get these augs unless I upgrade her to a heroic (she's 86). Is there a guide for groupable tank augs around level 85-92?

Sorry for all of the questions, I keep learning new things every day!
    Archery likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Housing: Buy a house from the loyalty vendor if you have the crowns. They will be rent free. Go to the neighborhood and pick an open plot and put your house on it. You have to pay plot rent - use old currency like doubloons (drop down arrow). Put your trophy on the lawn or in the house.

Housing tutorial - see Secalna Galnor next to Cresent Reach stone in POK. She offers many quests to help returning players reacquaint them selves with the game. For housing - choose the housing one. You will get a free house from it but it is small and does charge rent.

Google is your friend - there has been tons of stuff posted about housing etc.

Welcome Back!!!!
  3. Heajol Augur

4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not sure what level you are but as far as the daily's from Franklin Teek there are the level (level 20 thru 95) based ones which change when the server changes or the 1st of the month. These are simple kill 5 in a zone. Reward is armor, plat and exp which is given in your reward screen at the end. You still get good exp while killing cause these are "hot" zones and have bonus exp happening in them even when not on the kill task. You can get more than one at a time and do many levels in one day. You can solo these.

His cousin Clayton Teek offers 2 new ones each day. These are called HA or Heroic Adventures. They start at level 75 and he will port you to the quest giver if your the right level and have done the portal attuning needed or the progression needed. Depending on level and which HA you get you may need a group - ask in general chat - lots of folks like to do these. You will not see much exp till the last hail or last step and then you will get a good amount.

You don't have to follow each expansion but I have found there are quests and goodies I keep going back to for all my characters like Jonas Dagmires Skeletial Hand and Bayles Heraldic Crest and many others. Different expansions brought out armor that gets better and better. One thing I like to do is google a zone - say Cresent Reach and go to the links from Alla and look under the "quests" and "quests starting in" tabs and this give me an idea if I want to hang around that zone or go somewhere else.

This is really helpful but for some reason takes a while to load - I would skip some of the more intense ones for now.

http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/quests/
  5. Heajol Augur

Thanks.

Also another question about trophies. Can you have more than one in your house? Like can you receive stats from multiple trophies if you put them up in your house?
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Trophies

And yes, you can have several in your house.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and KarmaKitty like this.
  7. Archery Lorekeeper

Heajol Welcome Back! The joy of EQ is that we ALL learn new things every day, if we interact with others and ask questions.
  8. Mintalie Augur

Welcome back! An astonishing number of things have changed significantly since your retirement. Just keep posting questions. There are a ton of helpful folks in the FQ (Forum Quest, our little nickname for these forums) community!