EQ down?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Killaas_FV, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nennius Curmudgeon

I would offer to help, but I am not sure I can manage it. On the other hand, I managed to post this drivel. So...
  2. Nobildus Journeyman

HI everyone, internwannabeGM Nobildus here! Looks like we found the problem, the Krono machine was a little empty and needed to be filled up again, it's all good to go. :) The servers are down though and it looks like they will be for the rest of the night, so you can't play. Can I direct you over here to the new shiny Krono over here? We'll have more Krono for you soon. Krono you later.

GM Krono
  3. Jimmy2times Elder

Come on man, one night off from work and it’s down for like 3+ hours now it’s nearly time to go to bed. Thanks EQ.
    Saxim likes this.
  4. Overcast451 Augur

I had heard many years ago that the serverside ran on a Unix/Linux system, but not sure. I do know that Unix and Linux can certainly handle massive amounts of I/O better than windows systems in general. All our big SAP systems at work run on Solaris and RedHat.
  5. Saxim Journeyman

Dreamweaver right now....lol

6. Tierdal Augur

come on... what the ghheck
    Saxim likes this.
  7. Gribble New Member

Lol, you people crack me up, in the daytime it's "man EQ down on my day off" or "daybreak is ruining the one day i use my vacation time to play EQ"

Every single time the game is down people like you are always about me, me, me!

Pathetic.
  8. cadres Augur

eh?
    People who pay for a service get displeased they cannot use a service
    People who pay for a service displeased when they cannot use that service during their leisure time as expected
    EQ is not a charity - why should people not complain when they don't get what they pay for?
    Saxim likes this.
  9. Nastar New Member

My life is over! jk.jk... but seriously how about an update?! do i need to play a different game tonight or is it worth waiting around?!
    Saxim likes this.
  10. wethion New Member

Are you pulling this from some inside knowledge of DBG's server farm or out of thin air? Finally, it is extremely unlikely they are running EQ on a Win server.
    Saxim likes this.
  11. Gribble New Member

Seriously, you expect 100% uptime?
    derek3131 likes this.
  12. Rebal New Member

yay they up
  13. Blastoff Augur

Come on Dreamweaver, hook us up with some double xp!

[IMG]
  14. Nobildus Journeyman

15. Grandma Elder

you all could have managed a nice shower during the downtime.. just sayin kids
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sigh. Does the mean that ForumQuest is down?
  17. Foanddi Apprentice

Game is back up if you didnt notice.
  18. cadres Augur

Maybe not. But I do expect frequent, comprehensive and timely updates about what 's going on, just the same as if the train wasn't running or the gym was locked when it should be open.
  19. Fluid Augur

This has been happening ever since Radio Shack went out of business. Now they have to go through Amazon to get replacement fuses and batteries or drive cross town in rush hour traffic to Fry's.
  20. Jimmy2times Elder

Ooo. We got a tough guy behind a computer. Let me slow clap you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.