I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Elanon New Member

Welcome to the Jungle... the Emerald Jungle! I started with EQ in the earliest of days (almost age 62) and my original account/characters are still here (20th anniversary in February). I used different accounts over the years but those characters are all gone. I have played virtually all MMORPGs from Ultima Online, Asheron's, DAOC, WoW, and the usual list of all the others including a foray into Star Trek Online. While playing EQ fulltime again rather than split time is a nostalgic walk. I play alone (on purpose) and reminisce. I had spent literally years looking for the next game to sweep me off my feet like EQ did and other than DAOC had been left wanting. So my wife said recently 'then just go back to EQ'. I did and I am.

However, without a doubt, DAOC will always be the best; Pre-Atlantis that is. The RvR introduction was simply superior and as ground breaking [to me] as EQ was when it came out in its stunning world.

You know, I remember going to the first LOTR movie in the theater and EQ was on that huge screen in all its glory showcased as a trailer. It is not a game. It is an experience. Certainly, a way of life and the path that most gamers of age have traveled.
    That being said, Good Luck Dreamweaver! Glad to have you!
    dreamweaver likes this.
  2. Verily Tjark Augur

RPoo, Jhenna_BB, dreamweaver and 2 others like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Roxxly is at another game company now.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

5. Powell New Member

Welcome to the community - as one of your first action items, can you get us an update on if and when account-to-account transfers will be available again? I am a returning player to TLP and have characters stacked up on the same account. Only when I went to transfer them did I find that the service to do this has been unavailable for at least two years. I also found hoards of players screaming, "take my money!" in regards to this service, so I think the demand is definitely there.
    Dsuna and Mintalie like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I am sure its not like they don't start the job with things already on their list.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Trial by Fire. Nothing better then getting OT merging 100 single posts threads into the already going and updated thread on the topic!
  8. Suedaarye New Member

It would be so helpful to all of us if the server status page was both timely and accurate.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. chatnpat2 New Member

Why are the servers down?
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

Everyone logged in to roll dwarf rogues, overwhelmed the servers with the awesomeness of it all.
    wethion and Nennius like this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Dwarves are the superior race. And we WILL have the best pizza!!

Muahahahahahahaha
    Sissruukk likes this.
  12. Valencia Lorekeeper

No Vanguard in that list. :(
    *Where's my manners.... Welcome aboard!!
    :p
  13. Slickwilli New Member

24 hours of 150% experience would be nice. I came home from work on an evening I can play , prime time 5pm Central time, 3-4 hours on few days a week I can play and the login server is down. We all pay to play in some way. Thanks.
  14. Rudie New Member

Uh, yeah, Tuesday prime time is an excellent decision to take all servers down. How about DB continue it for a whole week? Don't bring us back up until next Tues? But then again, wtf do we expect for $16/mo?!?
  15. Wyld New Member

/auction WTS Krono 15.5k lol
  16. Foanddi Apprentice

Would love to get reasonably timed updates or an actual ETA instead of "soon"....
    wethion and Nennius like this.
  17. wethion New Member

UPDATE PLEASE! I have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings from 10 to midnight to play. This is fantastically frustrating.
  18. wethion New Member

Or even a periodic 'Hey, we know you're frustrated. Doing our best, still trying to figure out what happened. Will update again in 15 mins."
    Also, betting is DB crash and they're restoring it.
  19. wethion New Member

Err.. DB == database
    Minrye likes this.
  20. wethion New Member

Do you know if the server select screen will auto-update when the servers unlock, or should I log out and log back in occasionally?