EQ down?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Killaas_FV, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnomore New Member

It also shows the last response from those servers as 3 hours ago, you know, when they were still up, so...
  2. Foanddi Apprentice

Any kind of ETA?
  3. Horyuken Augur

Last I look they had been locked, not down. I don't think this relates to the game servers but something on the network side. Layer 2/3.
  4. Hardwire New Member

they ARE up, they are just locked. Its a slight difference but has always been like this.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Hibiki Journeyman

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! ACK! MY LEVEL IS STUCK! o_O
  6. Cryptyda New Member

so almost 3 hours later we have gotten ONE update at roughly 90 minutes down which said they have found the problem and should be back playing soon, soon is NOT an ETA, found the problem but not giving any indication of what the problem is to maybe give reason to believe that it could be something that could take much longer then currently expecting is not really an update... Ive been in a situation where if there was a network outage i had to send a message about why there was a network outage even though the space i worked in had no control over the network and guess what... those updates had to be sent out every hour until the outage was corrected, just sayin, 3 hours might not seem like a long time, but some people only get a few hours a night to play and some kind of info on whats going on would be nice.
    cadres and Saxim like this.
  7. Minrye New Member

They always do this, and it's incredibly bad practice. If you don't have an ETA, state that you'll provide one when you do. Don't say "soon" unless you're 99% sure it will be less than 30 minutes.
    Overcast451, Buru and Saxim like this.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

This is probably the longest I remember seeing the game down since that kid DDoS'd all Daybreak servers.
    Saxim likes this.
  9. Imukai Augur

Prime time for the bulk of the userbase and servers are down. Updates on what is going on or what happened? An ETA to resolution? Nah. Make 'em sit and look at a locked server list.. they'll figure it out when it's working again.
    Saxim likes this.
  10. Hardwire New Member

TOTALLY reminds me of the Sony Entertainment days - they never told us back then - maybe this is a ploy at true nostalgia
    Minrye likes this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Bah. This is short. There have been many longer downtimes. Now, if it goes all night then a possible recent record could be in sight and they might want to go for the gold. So to speak.
  12. Maraxe New Member

Anyone remember when Sony was hacked and EQ was down for like a month??
  13. Nobildus Journeyman

Relatively short but still annoying to have to sit here and wait for the locks to come off or an update post. 3 Hours in on one of my game days and still no idea if I can play tonight or not.
    Minrye and Saxim like this.
  14. alicard Elder

pepperidge farm remembers
  15. Wyld New Member

/auction WTS Krono 15.5k as good as it gets until the servers are up :D
  16. Saxim Journeyman

it normally seems to take like 7 pages of comments before they get the servers back up. just my thoughts on the matter
    Minrye likes this.
  17. alicard Elder

Cool, we are almost there then!
    Minrye and Saxim like this.
  18. Zantor Augur

Some sort of an update would be nice.
    Nennius and Saxim like this.
  19. Relentless Insomnia

Where is our new community manager. I am feeling unmanaged.
    Saxim likes this.
  20. Coagagin Guild house cat

That's because Malwarebytes bad signature affects settings-win.data.microsoft.com and bat.bing.com Nothing else. If DBG is running MWB Server on Windows servers this would be a very quick fix and restarted.

From a InfoSec (cyber) practitioner I probably wouldn't run an A/V service on a an EQ server in this day and age. It would be something very lightwieght and run during very low population times, if only at IPL. In this case I really doubt EQ is run on a Windows 2016 variant.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.