Next expansion Ranger ideas

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jhenna_BB, Jul 2, 2019.

1. chronicler Augur

ALL classes depend on otther classes, rangers are not special in hat regard.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Lore wise I don't see how rangers got stuck with being more mana-starved than any other class by a massive margin. After a big fight it's Raistlin (wiz) that should be sitting down after expending his energy. Tanis Half-Elven (ranger) should be dirty but ready for the next fight if he's not injured. Same with Gandalf/Legolas, Elminster/Drizzt or any other wizard/ranger pair you can think of.

The idea of rangers being these firecracker burst DPS classes is just ludicrous, especially since some classes don't have any resource concerns unless they die or fight a resource stealing mob. I don't think the class needs/wants a rehaul, but I'm hoping the next expansion comes up with some combination of things (reduced mana cost, mana regen abilities, end->mana conversions) to reduce mana starvation for rangers.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

There certainly is a mistake in mana values on Ranger spells in general. Scarlet Cheetah Fang certainly forced their hand in high mana cost on Summer's, Dissident, Covenant and omg our DoT. I don't mean to sound mean but I see asking for a mana cost re-balancing as a complete waste of time. I think it's widely understood why I feel this way. I almost omitted things I posted as suggestions because spells were involved...

I hope statements like this are taken to heart with the understanding that we as players are just looking to open dialogue to see real spell improvements. We're not trying to be mean spirited.

The toughest thing for us (mana wise) is the whole Heroic Dexterity thing - it provides more for Rangers than any other class because it adds to archery damage. We can't afford to pass up on too much of it to raise our mana score. Quite frankly, I'm not even sure how one would go about doing that as any class. The numbers on Augmentations aren't large enough outside of the special case the Artisan's Prize provides. I'm beginning to pass up on "Security" aug templates in full favor of "Adroitness" templates but it's not much of a mana gain. Not enough to matter, anyway. I'm even using Brell's Divination, now. Some of it's my mana issues are my own doing. I'm using two level 105 held items all the time because of the effects they have. That is punting a lot of mana in favor of sympathetic procs - but all spell casters make such concessions in the name of dps.
  4. Brohg Augur

Those sympathetics return a whole lot more mana than just holding stat items would provide…
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

To be fair, the 105 in my main hand is not an orb of the mystic and the obulus shroud barely procs enough (or is resisted too much) to not be supplanted by a muhbis shield. It's an every bit counts kind of deal to continue using it.