Veeshan's Peak 2.0 not live on selos?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sethisto, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Sethisto Elder

I ran into quests items from Veeshan's Peak 2.0 in Dragon Necropolis and went ahead and collected the rest of the stuff for it. Also grinded Ring of Scale faction up to max ally. Apparently the zone hasn't been updated to it's new 2.0 version though? It's supposed to do that with Discord, which I'm guessing is why the quest items went live too.

Any chance we can get that updated so I can turn in these quests?
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. Scruff Elder

'essence of howling stones' or something similar currently drops in howling stones as well - on mangler - which is for the 2.0 veeshan peak timeline content. i don't think this is indicative of when the content is available

from what i've noticed on TLP servers (selos, mangler, phini etc.) we are effectively playing on live servers that have level caps and gated content: there is little-to-no-consideration given to what drops where given the context of whatever expansion you are currently in.
    daybreak games
  3. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

It should go live with OoW next week
  4. Ebine Augur

That is interesting because I was in skyfire on Coirnav and the mobs to get the 2.0 key were up.
    Was thinking they would go live on Weds
  5. Dahaman Augur

What quests would these be, is there a list?

Is Assist Silverwing one of them? Does Assist Silverwing go live at Gates or OOW?
  6. Dahaman Augur

Did some research and found a list of the quests (9 total):

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=93#Quests_Starting

These look like GREAT group quests, however, there are two questions I still have.

- Do these quests require faction (near max ally faction) with Ring of Scale and/or Claws of Veeshan?
    - Do these quests require a key to Veeshan's Peak (raid mob kill required) in order to access the NPCs?

Any answers would be much appreciated.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Yes, they require very high faction with both.
    VP is currently unlocked, and I assume that won't change. However there are locked doors inside the zone which take 200 lockpick to open and even the raid mob key won't open them.

All the drops for the quests are already dropping on Selo, but be prepared for a grind. Some of them take hours per drop.
  8. Dahaman Augur

Thanks Rasper!

The faction is something a group player can work on, even if painful. The mobs (so far) are nice group targets. The raid mob key just didn't seem right. I'm glad to hear it isn't required.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

For faction to RoS there are 3 main options:
    Obliterate Mistmoore for a few days (1 per mob)
    Kill the dwarf king (25 faction per kill)
    Kill some Carson Mccabe in High Keep (187 per kill, but destroys other faction)

For CoV, well, Kael it is.
  10. Ebine Augur

A raid force is needed for both versions of the new VP key. That was the original VP 2.0 back when it came out.
    You could either camp a few things and then get the raid drop and make new key for an aug that was 15/15/15 or the old VP key with the raid drop and get an aug that was 30/30/30 called cipher of veeshan.
    I know VP 2.0 went live in god but was thinking the assist quest didn't go live until Omens. It has been 15 years so I might be wrong. on when the quest came out.
  11. Dahaman Augur

Got to 1945 faction... that's pretty high ally. Silverwing would not respond. This was on Coirnav.

Are these quests active for Gates?
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Goes active with Omens I believe.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

They go live with OoW when the revamp goes in. The VP revamp was during GoD, but the devs decide it should unlock with OoW instead. Which is perfect because OoW is when the gear from the quests and raids gets trivialized by easy group content in OoW. Effectively making it so the only reason people ever go the zone is for Magelo padding with ALEX
    Xanathol and Aneuren like this.