I'm Your New Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Mmmm Pizza. Time to bribe Ngreth.
    Gyurika Godofwar and dreamweaver like this.
  2. Sophism Lorekeeper

Normally, I wouldn't post a welcome.

But DAoC ? Welcome aboard <3
    dreamweaver likes this.
  3. dreamweaver Community Manager

Awww thanks!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Welcome! I had seen on your profile which I looked at after your forum guideline post that you had only been with us since Tuesday so was kinda wondering what was up.

I see you played EQ for a few years but have not played for almost 15 years. Are you currently playing in the tutorial? We do suggest when returning to the game to do that so you have a better understanding of the changes etc. ;) EQ is a totally different game that most others.

So as community person are you going to impact issues or offer solutions? Like what are your boundaries? Or do you know no boundaries and think out side those dragon boxes that pop up in The Bloodfields? I think that was what someone earlier was wondering.
    PCSS and dreamweaver like this.
  5. Cimian007 Piink Panther

Please tell me you will be adding a Mint and Chip Icecream recipe to Everquest baking trade skill.
    Gyurika Godofwar and dreamweaver like this.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

I recently started playing again! and as far as I know I am boundless, but we'll take that journey of discovery together.
    PCSS likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Chicken on pizza.... *sighs* ok I am going to try and get past this.

:)
    dreamweaver likes this.
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

Bare minimum I'm going to be eating around the office to inspire people.
  9. dreamweaver Community Manager

I know I've let you down, but there are so many more miles left to go. I'll make it up somehow.
  10. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Spiced chicken goes well on a pizza, especially if pineapple joins some curry spiced chicken.

Getting hungry now.

Oh, and welcome back in EQ and on the (probably) hottest seat at DBG :) .
    dreamweaver likes this.
  11. Jaedo Journeyman

Welcome to the community! One thing to know about EQ is that its survival is based on its fans who are ravenous and opinionated and all want to see the game do well. If you go about your new position with this in mind, as well as ignoring the choice trolls, you will do just fine.
    PCSS likes this.
  12. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

Welcome:) And grats on the new posting! You're a fan of Dwarves, so I like ya already! :)
    dreamweaver likes this.
  13. dreamweaver Community Manager

They're pretty great!
  14. globeadue Lorekeeper

His name, was Robert Paulson!
    But in seriousness, do you have any specific goals to affect change? Cough - busted EQ Launcher that doesn't work to switch servers or log back in half the time. EQ QOL fixes like giving pets a non xpac tied inventory view?
    Mintalie likes this.
  15. Donroy Elder

You had me at "pre-NGE." RIP SWG.

Welcome aboard!
    dreamweaver likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I could be wrong but I don't think this is within the purview of the new Community Manager.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  17. Cinilya Journeyman

Oh dreamweaver
    I believe you can get me through the nght
    Oh dreamweaver
    I believe we can reach the morning light
    (substitute appropriate EQ lore in place of these lyrics)

Welcome aboard!!
    dreamweaver likes this.
  18. Visitor Augur

We already Chocolate mint ice cream, but new food or treat recipes and nice.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  19. pacati New Member

Off topic a bit, but I just watched the end of Neil Gaiman's Good Omens last night (sans Pratchett). If you like Sandman, you will love the Good Omens mini-series. Double plus recommend.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

I also enjoyed Good Omens! It's a great watch.
    Elyssanda and pacati like this.