AFK Botters in Rathe Etc

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bunny, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Bunny New Member

So, Here are the stats.
    251 petitions made in regard to afk grinders and lvlers and plat farmers, complete with video evidence such at this.

and this absurdity

In droga, you see 15 players in the zone and at close inspection.... only 2 are actually at the keyboard.

One guy ( at AJ camp) is able to use warp hacks to steal mobs, hold them hostage, and warp up to hold them in unreachable places....till buyers are found. Thus bottle necking a key that 40% of the server is working on.

I've met 7 people on the server who are actively trying to remove the bots from zones and THEY not the botters are the ones getting vacation time.
    Next steps.... it seems easier to make 5 mages, afk and farm plat 24/7 and have the GM's to protect you from angry players. Thoughts? what are our options as a community?
  2. Bunny New Member

Ya know, it took 3 months for Paul to get banned.... and he just created 20 more accounts and set up shop elsewhere... WTF?
    Dragon Jockey and potatoface like this.
  3. Barder-mangler Augur

The AFK botting in seb has gotten out of control, surprised you didn’t mention it. The last few days I cycled through disco, at one point there were 8 picks, 7 were being AFK bottled- the operation has really grown , on average the majority of disco/hiero/bugs are being botted by one person.

Side note this isn’t even including the odd 1-4 picks that the AEers use, at least they are at the keyboard and are generally friendly (will /tell you if they are pulling through you). It’s amazing when the total population of a zone has more bots than real people in SEB.

Before anyone mentions they aren’t botting- go watch them play for 10 minutes, perfectly scripted synchronized movements/actions that are identical every time. Root or mez one of their mobs while pulling as an example and see how they (don’t) react.
  4. Scruff Elder

we'll have velious soon, i'm excited to see if siren's grotto becomes the botter paradise everyone claims it to be in past TLP threads (siren grotto can apparently be safely farmed through automation til like gates of discord -and- remain highly profitable the entire time?)

so far rathe mountains and sebilis have been repeats of past servers but on a much more 'aggressive' scale in terms of how much automation is actually happening, i think mangler launched at just the right time for this sort of in-your-face botting to have its own little golden age from all the daybreak staff layoffs.
    unless someone wants to correct me and it's always been this bad, most seem to agree that this is the worst its ever been lol
    Dragon Jockey and Overcast451 like this.
  5. Chuuk Augur

I'd say you're probably right here.

I saw much of the same botting at HGs on basically every TLP since Ragefire. The AFK mage groups at Ice Giants was on a couple servers, but not nearly as obvious and continuous as what <insert botter> is doing on this server.

The other automation, in SolB and Seb mostly, seems to have existed in past TLPs, but not as over-the-top as they are right now. I used to see a group parked at Chef on Ragefire, but they would just kill the 5-pop in that room and nothing else. Now, the bot groups are pulling half the zone - it's obnoxious.

In general, there's no really "new" botting - they just turned it up to 11.
  6. Tierdal Augur

So mangler seems aggresively not fun eh.
    aFTeRLiFe likes this.
  7. Meridian Augur

No, but don't let that stop your shilling for Selo. It's time for another "Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, someone come play with us on Selo!11!!1!!!" thread, anyway.
  8. barrth Journeyman

Paul wasnt banned he just stopped playing once WOW beta started. Been working on talking the slacker into playing again
  9. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

You will be able to measure the GDP spike in Southeast Asian on the ritcher scale when WoW classic goes into full release. People think these TLPs are bad? Good luck on Classic.
    potatoface likes this.
  10. Xanathol Augur

It doesn't take any coding or real resources to solve this issue - all it takes is ~15 minutes a week for a person with a positive IQ to find these people, verify their actions, and ban all of their associated accounts permanently. It is not tough, time consuming, etc. DBG doesn't do this because they don't want to - plain & simple.

FYI, Cilantromage is also Meredette (chanter), using wands of allure to insta-charm and then CoH Chief to farm idols in Droga. Real piece of work.
    aFTeRLiFe and potatoface like this.
  11. Ajjantis Elder

Fyi Selo has no botters at all..
  12. potatoface Journeyman

Xanathol likes this.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Dbg please reply
    aFTeRLiFe likes this.
  14. Nessirfiti Augur

It's full of all the people that quit after PoP from Phinny and Coirnav, and P99 players, it being not fun would not be a surprise. and judging by the posts on these forums they're all extremely angry about something.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. aFTeRLiFe New Member

Yes, this is crazy. The regular guy gets banned for pulling through them for "training" while they clearly are breaking TOS for botting. However the small guy gets the ban. DBG is sick
    Xanathol likes this.
  16. Radical New Member

Where's the video of the guy in your guild doing the same and worse in FV?
    potatoface likes this.
  17. Darkhain Elder

For your info, many RMTers are not asians, just saying.
  18. Xeris Augur

Enjoy Velks in Velious.
  19. Nekromancy Elder

I think you meant sirens grotto. The botters will stick as many toons as they can in sirens grotto farmining plat/gems.
  20. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

Of course many are not but certain titles tend to have a higher bend east. WoW and in turn WoW classic fall into that category. Everquest most are from the west and many of them even have day jobs. My intent was not to stereotype the RMT crowd. I am just pointing out that if you think it's bad on Daybreaks TLPs people will be in for a rude awakening when they go get a taste of WoW Classic.