Dear Developers: here are some suggestions that you should consider

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sandy100, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Literally 10s of players!

If you didn't post such a huge wall of text I'd assume this had been a troll post. If you want Devs to actually consider things you write probably don't insult them in the first two sentences.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Duder like this.
  2. Sandy100 Elder

Lianeb: first the server initially limits itself to 125 people. Secondly, it is much harder to get on a private server then a daybreak server. There are a lot more steps which frustrate potential people. Third problem is that private servers can be shut down at the whim of someone who is bored with it. None of these problems would be faced by daybreak games if they instituted such a server.
  3. Duder Augur

I didn't read in yer Original Post that this was a suggestion for a new server. These sounded like terrible suggestions for live. What you are asking for is for a server where people can come back and relive nostalgia without any sort of difficulty, come back, play for a month, get bored with it, and quit again for a few years. I have no comment on that.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Any one who thinks POP is the last great expansion cant be taken seriously. POP did bring POK which was probably the single most influential zone in the game but let's not kid ourselves and think everything after has been subpar.

Secondly keep your truebox garbage on the TLP threads where it belongs. On live most players understand that players box it keeps a lot of us as customers.

There is already a POP locked truebox server for those that want this rule set. No need to take EQ, transform it into another game and spit out something we already aren't playing. If we wanted this junk we could find it with superior graphics and a more modern gaming engine.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I seem to recall they were amazed they got a couple hundred players.

"But, player retention has been fairly high... 125 player accounts have logged into the server and made it past the hub zone. The concurrent amount of players ranges from 20 - 40 daily. There's approximately unique 42 players who have stuck around since the start of the server and continue to log in at least once per day."
  6. Dhurgan Augur

If the risk vs reward combined with the amount of man hours for development and quality control to develop this in 20 year old software made sense fiscally, I would be shocked.
    Caell likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

geez what a terrible idea good way to kill off eq.

Andarriel
  8. SunDrake Augur

lol. Maybe just start playing on Mangler and request these changes one or two at a time. Can make new requests for changes daily there in the TLP forums.
  9. Lannin Elder

Better yet make it a permanent part of the class so its always present. Say starting at lvl 105 (could really be any level) buy the corresponding AA and never worry about it again. No remembering to cast it or even recast it

Love this idea , as an Aura casting class this would be awesome. Since that wont happen , I think a timer would be a really big help. They already flagged them as perm , yet even in PoK , the GGH , or any other zone where buff timers don't count down , you STILL lose aura's , I don't think they will ever make them perm.
  10. Warpeace Augur

I believe an aura is an invisible NPC that follows you around though. So unless they can change how that works I don't see it happening. One can wish though. I do feel it would be a good change if it would reduce the total number of NPC's in game and improve player QOL. Now there are some Auras that maybe should be converted to short duration spell or take up a spot in that area.
  11. enclee Augur

Familiars operate under that principle, summon NPC to get the buff and then dismiss.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wow never thought of that but it makes perfect sense.
  13. Allayna Augur

The shaman "aura" is not as far as I know, as it goes to the song window, is AA activated, permanent until death and zonewide. But yes, if you have that lil bit of graphic loading gray upon zoning, sometimes you can see the lil man between yo legs.

[IMG]
    Axxius, Corwyhn Lionheart and Lannin like this.
  14. Lannin Elder

Keep the little man , give me a Aura timer then. I need to know when these are going to drop is all. Really a pain when your in the middle of Meartas and have to load and recast these , while dodging mephitis , following emotes , rebuffing , doing bane damage and moving to the right hall way.

Yes , I do refresh these at the very start of the run and they still just sometimes drop for no real reason , there not even close to any kinda of permanent.

Very cool pic of the little man ! Now if he would just whisper in my ear how long him and his friend ( I have two aura's as an enchanter to maintain ) are going to hang around.
  15. Diptera Augur

Difference is that a familiar doesn't affect anybody else - aura's do (repeatedly).

I don't know for certain, but I suspect there would be a difference between the invisible mob casting the aura every few ticks, and an effect on the player casting the same effect, with regards to what happens with your agro/ooc timer if the effect touches a group member currently in combat/with ooc timer.

Not saying it's insurmountable, just it's probably one of those time-consuming "need to unravel how the code actually works" issues that is the hallmark of the EQ codebase :)
  16. Coagagin Guild house cat

I was onboard with considering some of the stat abilities in relation to "feeling the power" and possibly reducing the med time effect to two seconds as six seconds can feel like an eternity. Waiting to see if that pathing mob is going to move while waiting to squeeze out one last little bump in mana can be excruciating.

Then the post went straight to bizarre-land and my TL;DR flag popped, glazing my eyes over and stopped reading due to fears for my own well being.

Try breaking the WoT (Wall of Text) down by bullets or separate issues for ease of reading and discussion, please.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Even with bullet points it isn't worth reading, trust me.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.