Remove signet requirement from CoA?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wallslapper, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Wallslapper New Member

Has there been a timeline laid out for when this might happen? We're 5 expansions past, and 10 levels higher now. It would be nice to be able to take some newer players / toons in and get 2.0 orbs, and augs without having to camp the signets. I've heard that you can banner people in if you use guild banner (was unable to test), but campfire does not work.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Just zone in, nothing required other than I think level 68.

(Campfires might not work there though)
  3. Dandin Augur

Wrong. They are on the progression server. Signets still required there
  4. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Yea I remember on live servers when SoF was unlocked Anguish and Demi both had their flagging requirements removed, currently that is not the case on TLPs.
  5. Wallslapper New Member

I wasn't sure when they removed it on live. I would like to see flagging for DSK removed also though this is much easier to flag for. I can do a full group in an evening, but CoA is a PITA because it all revolves around spawning the signet mobs.

As for removing the requirement for Demi, that would be awesome too.

6. Gragas Augur

Thought the purpose of playing on Progression servers was to savor "Old Time EQ"? Savor camping the signet mobs and flagging for DSK for as long as you can?
  7. Izcurly Augur

No, that's a stereotype, not universal.
  8. Brutalis-trak Journeyman

when does the signet requirement drop for tlp servers?
  9. Zipe The Healer

The requirement is lifted, forgot if 2 or 3 expansions after OoW.
    Problem is that it's bugged and after EVERY expansion unlock the signets are required again for 1 month.
    We experienced that on Phinny. I recall for sure this happening twice during expansion unlock cycles.
  10. Prathun Developer

The zone filter for Anguish and the entrance switch to Anguish are set up to bypass entry requirements once The Serpent's Spine has been unlocked for 1 month.
  11. qweasy Augur

Why after 1 month instead of just tying it to an expansion?
  12. Prathun Developer

I'm not sure why it was set up this way initially, but as far as I know, it's always worked like this.
  13. VandilIzer Augur

If you're 5 xpacks past it then its already open, thats TBS. If youre 10 levels higher (it was 70) then youre level 80 and in SoD+. This means you would have to be on Phinny if its any recent TLP (fippy is the other candidate but I highly doubt its that), and I can confirm both Anguish and Demi Plane of Blood do not need keys any longer to enter, DSK still does for whatever reason, but you can Campfire into DSK and Banner into Demi on Phinny, just did it the other day to help a necro get his 2.5.

I feel like your information might be slightly off though =P Assuming you're actually on Ragefire / Lockjaw then you are 4 xpacks past Anguish and only 5 levels above where you were, and congratz on making it through the 70's xpacks stretch, its freaking terrible. Prathun gave you your unlock date which looks like it is in just over a week (TSS came out 7/8 for you so 8/8 should be about the time Anguish unlocks).

<3
  14. yerm Augur

It sounds from other posters like the 1 month post-tss timer is reset each unlock. Which hypothetically means selo never unlocks signet-free anguish.
    Zanarnar likes this.
  15. Punchu Augur

I remember this from Phinny. Anguish would toggle between signets and no signets from month to month after a patch or a new post TSS expansion launch.
    VandilIzer likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wow that actually could explain vp on agnarr flip flopping between meeting a key or not. Because that was 100% a thing I experienced.