Stat Bloat

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jimmy2times, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Jimmy2times Elder

I cannot wait to see the next expansions gear. Breastplates should have about what 5k AC and 145k HPs attached to them? I remember back in the day when you had a 12/23 sword with some decent stats and that was amazing. Now I need an accountant to help me gear my toons. Need 40,000 AAs too. If you had 50-100AAs back then you were considered god mode. I understand the game has to progress but it’s just not the same. I think stat bloat is becoming a slight problem in the game I am not sure if there is an alternative but for me it’s just unappealing. Thanks for listening.
    Skewert likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Yes, next expansion the breastplate will have 5k AC and 145k HP on them. The tank belts will also have 20% slow and cripple instead of the current 25%...
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. TheStugots Augur

They have servers for people who want things you do.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

The past is in the past. Move forward...or try a self limited server, i.e. TLP.
    eepok likes this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

If ya dont like modern stats vs old stuff.. could play the progression servers as well as play any consul game outside of eq haha
  6. Tucoh Augur

Once you play for a few weeks you re-adjust to the numbers. And that's all they are, just numbers. In November (or earlier in beta) when we fight the next expansion's mobs and they start nuking for 200k (or whatever), that apparently mudflated breastplate isn't going to seem so hot compared to what you need to earn to be comfortable in the new "normal'.

WoW handles the opposite way by having a system that allows them to turn old gear into garbage tier. It's not really that much better and frankly going back to seeing my sweet, hard earned BiS gear give 20 strength or whatever instead of what I remembered was kind of annoying, but it has its advantages I'm sure.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Axxius Augur

I'm more curious how is Ngreth going to keep the 4 evolving items BiS when we are getting a level increase. I believe he said they were going to be BiS for more than 1 expansion.
  8. Tucoh Augur

The level increase shouldn't impact it, right?

Keeping one BiS won't he hard. Keeping all tour BiS? We'll see.... I probably won't upgrade them for two expansions on principle alone
  9. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Maybe they can make 4 different Items evolving for more stats.
    I would bet evolving neck, back, helm and gloves.

I love my stats.
    Stats are fun.
    More stats for everyone.
    Metanis likes this.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

/Reported for using multiple hand items!

I have wanted a straight number increase in gear instead of a percentage for awhile now. But I also think they should stop wasting time of hand editing item stat numbers cause *zero* people care outside the devs … and they aren't close to doing that.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I should have said Neck, Back, Helm and Arms. My bad :)
  12. svann Augur

Every expansion gear is better than the last expansion and as a ratio (which is all that matters if you know a little math) its always about the same improvement.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Wuddane Elder

My guess would be adding more of the augments with higher stats that are specific to the evolving items, if the base stats don't already exceed items being implemented.
    Axxius and tyrantula like this.
  14. tyrantula Elder

All I know is I have raid focus to level 120.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Just evolve all four items again, tie to more achievements. Simple. Done. Next!
  16. smash Augur

Would say ear, wrist, helm, and face. Or maybe only 3 item.

Requirments:

Hunter: Velious, RoF, TBL, TDS, CoTF.
    Collections: ROF, TBL
    Champion: TBL, TDS, RoF, CoTF

If a fourth, then some slayer or Heroic Journey.
  17. kizant Augur

It shouldn't be a problem. Just looking at stats the boots have 9900 HP? Crafted raid gear shows 8800 for some classes. Then factor in the augs. Just increase the new raid gear by 1200 hp/mana or something and the evolving items would still be as good or a little better. All the focuses go to 115 already and the evolving gloves basically have next expansions cold focus just one year early.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you could see the archived forums still.. you'd find similar posts like this back in TSS. As Svann said, stat increases are a percentage increase. The "number" just gets bigger as the stats get bigger. The mobs hit harder. Everything just scales higher. /shrug.
  19. Axxius Augur

9900 over 8800 is only a 12% increase (and it has to be less if those items are to stay BiS). Historically, the mudflation on significant expansions is larger than that.

But I see what is probably the right answer above: new type 18/19 augs. The current ones don't have much stat-wise, except the two Enhancements. Adding some more meat to the rest of them can make sure these items remain at the top.
  20. Micker Augur

I'm all for bigger stats, as long as they mean something. Like when resists became meaningless. It was fun getting resist gear etc, but they need to revamp that whole thing big time and surprised the haven't yet. Why even have it on the gear at all? A stat doesn't have to go up by 1000, if 10 makes the same difference. At least they got AC under control, but that is starting to creep up into too big numbers now also. Make it mean something to have max haste or resists etc., not just have everyone at max easily and balance the game around it.