Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Brohg Augur

The current structure is specifically to accommodate those casual player weekend warrior types. Win one trial on Fri night / Sat morning to have access the whole weekend.
  2. Ditka Journeyman

That has to be the worst post you've ever made. :oops:
    Graves, KarmaKitty, Mintalie and 2 others like this.
  3. kizant Augur

So mean. :(
    KarmaKitty and Sancus like this.
  4. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I would like them to open-source the code base so I can submit pull requests for bugs they're too lazy/unable/unwilling to fix.
    Mintalie likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]

I do agree with #5 for the final zone of the expansion
    kizant likes this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I want bigger trader bags please! and I would still be keeping the three accounts just means more to sell.

Andarriel
    Graves, KarmaKitty and Froglok like this.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

yeah Kizant, do you even raid bra? also, hi, he's kizant, and yes he believes everyone should be a 100% hardcore devoted player. anyone who takes a night off or has a special ladyfriend simply isn't giving the game it's due and should be punished for that.

on a serious note though, I disagree with almost all of his suggestions. TBL raids imo were done very well in terms of difficulty and there was ample opportunity in several of them for things to simply go wrong. reference: lag on generals causing simon says to fail.... or whorlings to spawn directly on a squishy or three.... esianti dots hitting at the wrong time.... mearatas (the whole thing, but especially the 25% transition).... ROI will be ROI and the rest of the top 10 or so as well.... TBL was enough of a challenge that it wasn't ALL beaten as soon as it unlocked, but not so much that it looked impossible sans UEE.

The only thing i'd like to see less of is the repeat mechanics (balance, simon says, etc) within the raid progression. in TBL we had to balance what.. smoke, esianti, and generals? oh and the snails in fire.... the mechanic was simply overused.

having bandits/mobs at a named level of difficulty attack at random is just asking for a revolt from the casual players. as was pointed out some of them can barely handle a named alone, much less (effectively) 2 at the same time. it's a dumb idea and at MOST should be restricted to the end-game. maybe a raid mechanic.

the weapons/equipment/skill decay just tells me you're bored with the game. a not insignificant number of people don't get max xp / max AA far enough before the next expansion launches to be bored... essentially the skill / xp decay suggestion would be punishing people for having alts that don't get a lot of playtime and / or take a break from the game. again, it was already pointed out but this would also pretty much stop anyone from ever returning to the game once they left. oh you were gone for a year? not only do you have possibly 5 levels, definitely a few thousand AA + gear and quests to catch up on... but hey we're gonna take another level or three from you just out of spite! oh, and while you ARE trying to catch up, just in case you thought it was still possible, we're also going to break the crap/outdated gear you actually do have! brilliant!
    Lannin and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  8. Chorus Augur

I've played muds with item/skill degen while offline and you know what happened? Every one of them went defunct and they were free. People pay for this game, and some can't play more than a couple times a month, and you want to punish them for that compared to someone who has time to play daily? Gotta say, you really don't understand the social engineering aspect of things if you think decaying skills/items are good ideas.

Now, decay through use on items, sure. Decay of skills when logged in and not used, sure. Decay when they're offline, that's just dumb.

Want an example? Take off all your gear and look at your HP total. Now tell me, who, besides pet classes, can go back even 2-3 expansions to farm gear due to degen with those stats? No one, that's who. This idea is completely out of touch with the reality of the situation.

Not to mention, pretty much no one is going to login after being gone for an extended period for whatever reason, see all their gear essentially useless due to decay, and play again ever. This is exactly why those muds ended up with a group of 10 or so people that could play daily and keep up with it, and no one else..ever...then they went the way of the dodo. I did it while in college and could afford to put in 3 hours a night, no way I'd do that today.
  9. kizant Augur

I think you're all missing just how fun those changes would be!
    Skewert and Sancus like this.
  10. LheoXX New Member

Item decay is the biggest BS in the whole mmorpgs.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Maybe only starts happening if you are in the top 5 guilds server wide to beat all the raids in the expansion!

The rest of us don't need things to be made harder to keep us playing!
  12. Sancus Augur

13. Repthor Augur

Kizant you forgot to add that after you used aas they should be expended. use imp twincast then u hve to go grind new aas for it. take critical blows you loose ranks of combat stability ect . this keeps players constantly haveing to refill their toons to be competetive ! and whould make raids last way longer that after ever wipe you have to grind sevral 10s of touands aas back b4 next go !

Kizant for new game dev !
    Whulfgar and kizant like this.
  14. Axxius Augur

Not just a simple +5 purity update though. It has stagnated into a total meaninglessness. That 5 extra purity is literally 5 h/m/e! I'm not sure if 5 ac matters anymore either. Purity augs need to be revamped. Make upgrading to the next one really worth it.
    Caell and Lannin like this.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

Who knew that Fishing doesn't cap at 250 after all.
    Mintalie likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

I respectfully dis agree ..

Its 100% the reason I play outside of raids..
  17. Cadira Augur

18. Froglok Augur

Agree that we need bigger Trader Satchels.

Sell them via Marketplace.

Or put them on Loyalty Vendor.

Make them tradeable and made with high level TS, even it it involves a quest for the recipe and somewhat uncommon drops to make!

Even if it involves a quest for the recipe,high TS levels to make and somewhat uncommon drops to make!
    KarmaKitty and Elyssanda like this.
  19. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

If there has to be areas, locked behind very difficult progression missions or achievements , make it like Tier 3 or 4 not tier 2. Allow the lesser geared group players the access to a much larger portion of the group content, be fore the harder content blocks progression.

Also, please fix the broken spells, AA's and game mechanics that don't work as they should in game. Still this seems to be an issue. I would list them but they are already posted over and over by players in these forums.
    Xyphen and KarmaKitty like this.
  20. Froglok Augur

How about at least one or more new Key Rings?

Such as for...

--Portal Clicks

--Nimbus items

--Actual Keys (or items that serve as keys)

--Novelty items (i.e. Picnic Basket, Fireworks Rack, Lucky Mitosing Coin, Red Ball Dispenser...)

--Swarm Pet items

--Click Buff Items (armor and / or items that can be clicked to provide a beneficiary effect, temporary or permanent... i.e. Ancient Faycite Bone Circum, Fabled Blackflame Sphere, Eye of the Beast...)

--Click Detrimental Items (armor / items that can be clicked to attack / debuff MOB's... i.e. Necormatic Dragon Bone, Fireshard Ring, Skull of Null, Rod of Alsa Thel...)
    Caell, KarmaKitty and Elyssanda like this.