The Everquest Show - WHAT HAPPENED?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Imak Augur

Beimeith inherited and maintains GamParse now; Gamermen (sp?) was the creator.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Fixed.
  3. Nniki Augur

4. Drogba Augur

As well as gamparse, he was also someone who accepted time submissions on elitegamerslounge (When your guild beats a raid event for the first time).

Basically i was hoping for some interviews of players who are more in the hardcore or meta side of everquest. Could do past/present guild/raid leaders of Everquest's top guild (Realm of Insanity) e.g. Qulas/Aldryn.

I'd love to see focus on a story of a serverwide first race, told from different people in the guilds who competed for it, and the drama that surrounded it. There have been many races full of drama in the past, though finding the right stories, and people to interview in some cases could be tricky. I know its not really your area of expertise, but I was very impressed with the quality of your interviews, and meta gaming/speedrunning etc is very popular on youtube/teh interwebs right now, so I wanted to at least suggest it as an area to look into one day.
    Fading Illusion and Mintalie like this.
  5. Mintalie Augur

A lot on FQ would argue that the elite raiders are a tiny minority, but as someone who has participated in that race for first, I absolutely would love to see some of the long-time end-game raiders interviewed. What fun that would be!
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

I would be open to the idea of an interview - depends on what is asked of me I guess. Easiest way to contact me is through my website. I rarely check these forums.
  7. Drogba Augur

the last race for first that was interesting was probably TBM, roi - ms. and i only say 'interesting'. have to go further back to find some good ones.

That was the only serverwide one that i felt like i participated in, of the ones that were actually properly contested (as in, not an roi whitewash basically from the get-go)
  8. Mintalie Augur

Exactly the one I was thinking of (as I was in MS at the time). It really was a compelling race, and it was oh so close!!! It's easy to whitewash history and tell everyone it was THISBIG when it fact it wasn't, however, this is one of those times that it really was, and it really was thrilling to be part of.
    Drogba likes this.
  9. Duder Augur

Exactly how big was it? Answers will only be accepted in the form of a meme/picture.