The return of Legends of Norrath

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Pikollo Augur

Hear me out and keep in mind I don't know how difficult of a project it would be to flip the servers back on.

How cool would it be to enable LoN again on a strict basis that it will not be updated, you won't have any of your original cards and it would be a limited time. I don't know why LoN was shut down. I am guessing server costs or letting the team responsible for it go. But it would be fun to see packs dropping in-game again. Not to mention I would imagine DBG would make a killing selling packs. Personally I'd love to just play again. I had a ton of fun building decks and playing friends.
  2. tofu stir fry Augur

or at least bring the packs back in a heritage crate sort of deal in the DBG store? the loot cards were an awesome icing on the cake prize. i may be corrected on this but didnt this happen for a limited time awhile back? if so maybe it will happen again?
  3. Pikollo Augur

It would be nice if LoN loot cards would get a "wrapped" version like the heritage crates. I had taken a break when LoN was taken down so I lost all my loot cards =(.
  4. Imukai Augur

The Live servers had some loot card packages for sale in the cash shop, not sure if they are still there.

I'd be happy if they had auto /claimed all of the existing loot cards when they took the service down. I had a couple dozen in my LoN and lost them all.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

Prize packs work just like the heritage crates. You buy them from the store, click the item to see what random item you get from the deck and it can be traded until you convert it into said item. Prize packs contain loot cards from the original decks but they combine several decks which can be frustrating if you are trying to obtain a specific card and now you have to random on multiple decks instead of just one.

Closing LON made sense from a business perspective. The actual game was basically dead even if a handful of people played and enjoyed it. The real money came from people chasing loot cards buying decks and packs. It would be nice if they changed the prize packs to represent a single deck and offered all decks at the same time instead of keeping them on a rotating basis. All LON decks were available at the same time and so should the prize packs.
  6. Pikollo Augur

I guess prize packs are not available on Selo? Even though I miss playing LoN these prize packs seem like a decent alternative. Of course they are nothing but loot boxes. The benefit of LoN was even though you did not get a loot card at least you got cards you could use in LoN not to mention packs dropped in-game. And I agree they should be set per expansion so if you're wanting a nag familiar you can choose that expansions.

But as said. I don't think these are on Selo? Or at least I cant find them.