Threadbare Weighted Tabard

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Samwen, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Samwen New Member

I had the misfortune to win the roll on this item a couple nights ago, first of these rares to drop for my regular Monday night group, and I find myself quietly contemplating just deleting it.

Unfortunately, I cannot dedicate forty or more hours a week to researching possible drops that might occur on grouping with my guildies, so I had no idea that I would need to spend months collecting from every zone in four expansions in order to even be able to take advantage of this item, or I'd have never rolled on it.

This seems like Veil of Alaris progression all over again, but worse.

Still, I rolled, I won, I have to give it a shot.

Anyone know where to find maps that list all the drops, and do I really have to do every HA in each expansion? This seems like something between unkind & cruel.

Please help.
  2. Brohg Augur

five ;)

((huggs))
  3. ptah Augur

Ok this is how im attacking this,

I revisited EoK..
    I attack the hunter chievement for each zone.. grabbing whatever collections I get along the way. I need it or not. Click if needed it.. and sold it off cheap.. to build pp to get the ones I needed.. repeated this for each zone.. and while doing Hunter also attacking the progression arc.

Yes its slow if have not been on each wave when it was current. Yes in market inflate the cost. Yes on bad days I question it overall worth.. but I contine to grind. If I grow tired of that.. I may revisit a cotf zone and swarm an HA.

The goal here is min max what I get from my time in that eok zone.. do it once and not return.. its slow but I feel better thinking im working on 3 or 4 items than just yelling at 1. Whatever time you got.. just make a plan and do what you @ 110 knocking out eok stuff should be fine for just about anyone.

I think if found a honeyhole i would repeat it and sell off extra collections just to buy the once im having trouble with.

Atm its best in slot item once unlock and xp them. Catch up sucks.. but its what it is.. Gmm shoulders works til a grouper unlocks it.. but the raw ac hp mana end in the upper teirs is nice.. and i think it last greater than a year.. any focus is up to 115.

And you speak of your regular monday group. maybe team up.. each person from that regular group focus on a single expansion and you guys grind together for each other.

Best of luck and adventure well.
  4. Lisard Silly

5. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

Maps only show some of the ground spawn locations. Check every nook and cranny. It took me about 4 months to complete all collections. TBM is the worst.
    tyrantula likes this.
  6. Ibudin Augur

I looted a real nice set of raid GMM shoulders, but I am still slowly working the collects to get it done because these are best in slot. The issues with collects is I never valued them and would always go last on rolls for them or let guildys have them, or simply let them rot. I am really regretting that play style the last few years lol. I've spent nothing short of 15M PP on collects, and countless hours working on trivial content getting the collects I refuse to pay 500K+ for. The reward is worth the quest, you earn it in the end and hats off to those that stayed current on collects. Down side is, I feel like I am isolating guild mates because this is all soloable content and I've been at it for couple months on off hours (no raid).
    Duder likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]

I recommend not bothering unless you really want to collect those collectibles.
  8. Conq Augur

I always finish all collects on my main (cleric) while content is current. But I decided to complete this on my warrior, who had a lot of catch-up to do. Warrior got hand me downs from above content - but was still short 75% or so going all the way back to CotF. I purchased most collects, some even off server and transferred them back (was overall more cost effective.) I spent roughly 5 krono to complete CotF through RoS over about a month's time. Good luck with however you choose to complete your shoulders. If you choose not to complete them - you may want to consider apologizing to your "regular" group for winning something you chose not to pursue.
    Conq
  9. Rolaque Ancient

Allakhazam is a good source of info for collection sets, especially which subsets drop from mobs or from instances. Maps are useful for identifying which zone areas contain collectibles. You aren't looking for specific spots, but where in general other people found them.

No doubt about finishing any collection set being time consuming, even if you were picking them up when each expansion was new. Four of the sets (CotF-EoK) also award you with a passive AA point that adds an additional trophy slot for your personal tribute (if that is something you care about).
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

stick it in your house to bad its not LORE - your probable to loot a 2nd one
    Your group needs to learn about the 4 TBL Evlov rare drops are and what is needed to evolve them. So it goes to peeps who can use them.
  11. FawnTemplar Augur

Rogs ftw for collection pick up.

Honestly, you can find a ton of collection on the baz for pretty cheap. Many HAs are totally soloable. Do your hunters in EoK, RoS and TBL like someone else suggested (because you will need them (EoK and RoS) if you get the hands) and you'll get a ton from that. Three of the four sets in FM are from ground spawns.

For future reference:
    Hands = Hunters (PoP, EoK, and RoS)
    Feet = Travelers (all of EQ basically)
    Ring = Champion of EoK and RoS
  12. Mazame Augur

The TBL chase loot is more then just 4 slots of gear.
    Yes it is work to evolve them but it is well worth the effort.

Many times people log in not sure what to do these items give people focus.
    Next in many ways they set you up to get other items in the process.
    Example: Bags by doing the hunters you get a number of 24-40 slot bags in many ways this will help a lot of people that are using /baz bought bags to get more inventory slots.
    Next it help you focus on progression This will unlock many zones for those that have not done so.
    Also it will help you to get your heroics done. Many people have not bother with doing these but having toons with them and with out I can tell you they make a difference.
    Call of the Forsaken
    Saviour of West Karana V F
    Saviour of West Karana II F
    Saviour of West Karana III R F
    Saviour of Bixie V F
    Saviour of Bixie II V
    Saviour of Dead Hills V F
    Saviour of Dead Hills II V
    Saviour of Neriak V F
    Saviour of Neriak II F
    Saviour of Argin Hiz V R
    Saviour of Tower of Rot V F
    Lesser Challenger of the Call V R F
    Accomplished Challenger of the Call R
    Greater Challenger of the Call R
    Ledgendary Challenger of the Call V F
    Total COTF 10 5 10

The Darkened Sea
    Saviour of Arx Mentis V F
    Saviour of Combine Dredge V F
    Saviour of Thuliasaur V F
    Saviour of Degmar V F
    Saviour of Caverns V F
    Saviour of Brother Island V F
    Saviour of Katta (Deluge) V F
    Saviour of Tempest Temple V F
    Challenger of the Dark Seas V F
    Seafarer V R F
    Lesser Hero of the Darkened Sea R
    Accomplished Hero of the Darkened Sea R
    Greater Hero of the Darkened Sea R
    Legendary Hero of the Darkened Sea R
    Total TDS 10 5 10

The Broken Mirror
    Mirror Master V F
    Champion of The Broken Mirror V F
    Paragon of The Broken Mirror V F
    Challenger of The Broken Mirror V F
    Lesser Spirit Armor (progression) V F
    Saviour of the Plane of Health V R F
    Saviour of the Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life V R F
    Saviour of the Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay V R F
    Saviour of the Crypt of Decay V R F
    Saviour of the Crypt of Sul V R F
    Total TBM 10 5 10

Empires of Kunark
    Tsaph's Champion R
    Hero of Lceanium R
    Hero of The Temple of Droga R
    Hero of Chardok R
    Hero of Kor-Sha Laboratory R
    Saviour of Lceanium V F
    Saviour of The Scorched Woods V F
    Saviour of Frontier Mountains V F
    Saviour of The Temple of Droga V F
    Saviour of Chardok V F
    Saviour of Gates of Kor-Sha V F
    Saviour of Kor-Sha Laboratory V F
    Novice Hunter of the Empires of Kunark V F
    Adept Hunter of the Empires of Kunark V F
    Veteran Hunter of the Empires of Kunark V F
    Total EOK 10 5 10

Ring of Scale
    Scale Breaker R
    Hero of Overthere R
    Hero of Skyfire R
    Hero of Gorowyn R
    Hero of Veeshan's Peak R
    Saviour of Overthere V F
    Saviour of Skyfire V F
    Saviour of Howling Stones V F
    Saviour of Sathir's Tomb V F
    Saviour of Gorowyn V F
    Saviour of Veeshan's Peaks V F
    Novice Hunter of the Ring V F
    Adept Hunter of the Ring V F
    Veteran Hunter of the Ring V F
    Ring of Scale Slayer V F
    Total RoS 10 5 10

The Burning Lands
    Hero of Stratos V F
    Hero of Plane of Smoke V F
    Hero of Empyr R
    Hero of Doomfire R
    Hero of Esianti R
    Hero of Mearatas R
    Hero of Aalishai R
    Saviour of Stratos V F
    Saviour of the Plane of Smoke V F
    Saviour of Empyr V F
    Saviour of Aalishai V F
    Saviour of Esianti V F
    Saviour of Doomfire V F
    Saviour of Mearatas V F
    Saviour of the Chamber of Tears V F
    Total TBL 10 5 10

Overall Total 60 30 60
    « Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:50:18 am by Asmadeus »

The next thing you will get is a lot of AA as you grind out the needed tasks and collections.
    If you don't have a lot done it can seam overwhelming to start but I know a few people that have gone from nothing to complete in a few months so it is possible.
    Also keep in mind that these 4 slot will still be good in the next exp so even if it takes you 6 months they will be worth holding on to.
    Most of the task they are having you go back and do benefit in more ways then just unlocking the item so rather than thinking of it as a lot of work for 1 item think of it more as an epic quest that will give many rewards along the path.
  13. Qbert Gallifreyan

The best/worst part about the item is that it requires the collectibles from RoS's version of Veeshan's Peak, which I can't enter (can't beat Cactus mission to even attempt the other missions . . . and nothing is for sale on my server so I can't even buy my way to completion if I wanted to give up :p). If you can get in there, the rest will be easy (I have all of the other collectibles done from all of the other expansions, with no difficulty).
  14. Mazame Augur

What server?
  15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Dont forget this:

Trophy slots open up with collects. 12aa per set when clicked.. multiply that by 20 ish per expansion can equals out to be a but load of FREE AA when you click them.

Honestly dont know why people go online to complain about an item that you can complete by sitting in the Bazaar! Dont want to do the work... dont! Its that simple. Or just do the work, help people out, be great!
  16. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I really don't understand why they didn't correlate each expansion to each tier. I'm really glad I looted this disaster on my rogue. As someone mentioned, the only silver lining is the hundreds of AA you'll acquire backtracking green cons for a month.

My strategy so far was to buy everything I will never be able to farm the bat (Veeshan's Peak). Second is to make a pass through each zone, then buy up whatever I missed, or backtrack and farm whatever isn't for sale.

Even at that I might as well take out a second mortgage for all the Krono I'll need to sell.
  17. Ninelder Augur

I was the only person in my guild to have all the achievements done before they even thought up these items. Yet that didn't stop a one of them from rolling against and taking the items from me.

It took me six months and ~300 fight fires to finally get them all. Now I have to try leveling them with a druid, in an anti-druid expansion.

Most of the people who won the items before me, still don't have the achievements. Something to remember anytime someone shats the opinion that an item is best suited for another class.
  18. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]

I handed out a couple tabards to people, the whole time i tried to convince them not to get it because they probably weren't going to finish it or even come close.

I've got four maxed out chase items: i regret them all.
  19. Petalonyx Augur

I'll join this therapy session since i finally received my shoulders after 200+ FF. I have a few ros+ collects im storage, but not many. Never been a fan of fumbling around trying to click the shinies, so this is probably going to really suck for the next 3 months!

I did unlock and have mostly evolved the hunter and progression (ring and gloves) on my main 4, but that was generally fun. A lot of people dont think collections are fun at all, so the shoulders are the biggest pain!
  20. TheStugots Augur

Not to be that guy, but you guys do realize you’re complaining about something that’s completely optional, right?

I refuse to do the shoulders, for all my toons, because of the collects attached. I don’t and complain about it, I just don’t do it.

Pretty simple.
    smash likes this.