Guild Hall Disparity

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daktarr, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Daktarr Lorekeeper

It just came to my attention, quite by accident, that you can fast camp in the default guild hall, but not in a player owned (Grand or whatever) guild hall. Whatever your reason for this, it is stupid and doesn't make sense, not to mention being annoying. Did I mention it was annoying?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Been said before many times...

...the reason is because you can have combat dummies in the neighborhood guild hall and to make those work, they have to enable zone markers which make quick camping not possible.

Dummies don't work in the neighborhoods which is why you can quick camp there. Just not the player-bought guild halls.
  3. Urzhad New Member

God forbid you spend another 30 seconds that you probably just dumped hours in for this session
    Sagarmatha likes this.
  4. Ninelder Augur

Probably not a big problem to fix, if they untie the fast-camping from "combat zones" And tag it onto the zones with locked buff timers(PoK, PoT, Guild Lobby, Guild halls. Possible easy fix.

Bet he got busted gaming at work!
  5. Moege Augur

Could just have killed off the eq process, was in guild hall anyway so wouldn't matter. Can make a batch to do it for you !
  6. smash Augur

No need to waste resources on this, can just move to other ghalll if wanna be able to log out fast
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I was under the impression that the default guild hall is a static zone like POK as opposed to the neighborhood guild hall which is an instanced zone which is created each time you enter it. You cannot safe camp in an instanced zone.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

really? a post was necessary for this?
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

Gate out to Lobby (where you are probably bound right outside guild hall door anyway) and quick camp... easy. Then again that will take 30 sec or more probably.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No it is an instanced zone and will unload if not used in a while.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Would be lovely to have a placeable, clickie door for the old GH.
    Zarzac likes this.
  12. Nniki Augur

From EQ-221 on issue tracker:
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Guess I wasn't clear on my post lol sorry but that is what I was trying to convey - thank you for phrasing it better.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you want out fast...

/camp desktop
    /q

Exits the client instantly.
  15. Daktarr Lorekeeper

That 30 seconds adds up when you are logging on several different toons for buffs or TA/loots. I always thought it was due to some kind of sploit in the GGH, so I was rather dismayed to find you can fast camp in the regular one. The combat issue makes sense unlike your post attacking me.
  16. KarmaKitty Augur

Bah! The only problem I have with the guild hall is the teleport pad forgets the setting. No doubt due to the instance being dropped for lack of use. Really should not complain, since the prices are cheap in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe add a few new locations.