Omens of War unused content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Greymantle Augur

[/QUOTE]
    So, if you are bored and want to find some stuff that has been buried for almost 15 years, do some clever shroud work and check out the Catacombs and Sewers.[/quote]

So are these accessable without shrouding? I was actually looking at these to farm some murkglider sinews
  2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

If you are over level 67, you'll get the highest level instance by default. The sinews should drop there no problem.

If you want to dig into the lower levels to find any missing data, you'd have to shroud.
    Greymantle likes this.
  3. Greymantle Augur

Thanks , just FYI, you need at least 3 in a group to get an instance. Mercs count.
  4. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Its interesting that this thread got made a weekish ago and the Test patch yesterday addressed some missing/broken named content from OoW. COINCIDENCE!??

BTW I still want to know what is with the "a dragorn box". I messed around on Test for a few hours last night but could never spawn Fang in Draniks Scar to see his new drops and only saw 1 new named in Bloodfields.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  6. Nniki Augur

I feel like I either read something or watched a stream that mentioned this at some point, but I might just be thinking of this comment by Absor from an article:
    Maybe it was supposed to do something like that.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Anybody remember a "raid" boss in Harbinger's Spire?

At the top of the tower are a number of dragorn. If you kill them all a mob pops, Attendant of Light. This one is harder than a standard rare in the zone and drops better loot. From my research occasionally when Attendant of Light is killed Guardian of the Beacon spawns. The Guardian is a raid boss (for that level range at least).

Anybody know what makes the raid boss pop? There is very little information about it.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

I really can't say what makes it pop, only that I've seen it only a few times in the last few years. I spent probably about a week there on two separate occasions (gathering -flow stones) for two different artisan's prizes.

What I can say is that the trash up there is on a different repop timer from the rest of the zone, and some of the mobs are different even in that area (i.e. mobs down in the pit repop at a different rate than the ones on the rim above).
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

While I'm on the topic of OoW raids... Lannal the Beast Tamer in Nobles' Causeway.

Here is what I've pieced together:

Lannal the Beast Tamer
    This is a raid that has rarely been completed and very little information is available. It starts with two "a gargantuan bazu" and Lannal. Pull and kill the gargantuans, they hit for upwards of 2k. Then kill Lannal the Beast Tamer. Upon his death a zone emote goes off:

A voice bellows from deep inside the compound, 'Quickly, release the bazu! Release the beasts!'

At this point a bunch of dragorn "a beast handler" spawn and attempt to reach the castle. If they do they will release one of the chained bazu, which rampage for 1500 with insane health regen. If enough dragorn get through you get a failed event emote. I suppose if you kill all the dragorn before the reach you will eventually either get a reward or fight a boss for a reward.

Loot should include:

There are at least 4 items that haven't been uploaded (might be 6, hard to tell as there are 2 blanks on either side of the Item IDs) of Elemental Planes quality. If anybody wants some serverwide firsts, bring a few friends and try to killall the handlers and let me know what happens.
    Prathun likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Box is still empty lol. Was able to spawn it x 2 last week ( I still spend a lot of time in OOW content) but I do remember reading at the time about the curse then the whole thing was forgotten - they never put anything else in it.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  11. Prathun Developer

Looks like the dragorn box is a vestige of some work that was started but never completed and mostly removed.

There's a script that runs when an NPC is killed in Bloodfields that can spawn a 'chest' - either a_dragorn_box or a_dragorn_chest. Based on the data and scripts, it looks like there was similar functionality created for all the other OoW zones. There are NPCs and encounters and scripts for each zone. There are no treasure tables attached to any of the chests. The spawn data for all but the chest in Bloodfields and the chest in Riftseekers was deleted. The only zone header that calls the on NPC death script is Bloodfields.
    Beimeith, Yinla, a_librarian and 3 others like this.
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Today in "weird OoW stuff", Lirah the Bridgekeeper. It is a raid event in RCoD.

The gear it drops is 170 hp/mana range, so it is set to Type 8 being Time+ quality.
    The sword it drops is same quality, but is Type 4 instead of Type 8.
    It drops the Dragorn City Ember, which is used to make the group level quested pants 115 hp/mana.

From looking at where it falls in with other items, I get the impression the gear was meant to be in the 140 range, on par with Hivequeen in WoS which also drops the Ember, but it proved too challenging so the loot was upgraded, the type 7s were made into type 8s, but the Search and Replace didn't catch the type 4 weapon and the quest piece was left as a drop.
    Prathun likes this.
  13. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Is there enough there to complete the work? A chain quest requiring a final encounter in say MPG or outside Anguish, using drops from the other zones / events / quests, with those scripts you identified, would be pretty cool. Probably too many man hours I would imagine to flesh out for old content.
  14. Prathun Developer

It wouldn't be an insurmountable amount of work to restore the spawns and update some scripts so that the chests can appear upon the deaths of NPCs in Omens zones. But if I understand the intent correctly, these were meant to contain bonus loot. They didn't lead to additional quest content. The real work in restoring these, if we decided to do so, would come from itemization. Deciding what would drop from where and making new items, if necessary.
    Shaantara likes this.
  15. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

If you need someone that has recently become very familiar with OoW itemization and could churn out ideas on appropriate items for different zones ... I might just know a gnome.

(In other news, the OoW guide is up - http://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/OoW/ )