Pet gear

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fala, Jul 7, 2019.

1. menown Augur

Primary and secondary slots should be made permanent. They should also allow swapping of weapons.
    Brohg likes this.
  2. smash Augur

Because then you can remove the item from the pet,, and keep the item, even if pet/you die, which you cannot do today, when items in pet.
  3. Skewert Lorekeeper

How about a strip pet gear spell? Or maybe just strip weapons?
  4. Repthor Augur

The fact that the gear is basicly consumble is prolly the only reason they havent totaly clamped down on it

Id like a inspect window just so you can see what its equipt with ect but no way to take the gear out thru it . That will just end up to the dev stopping allowing some of the high end crafted gear sets not be pet useble
    smash and Skewert like this.
  5. Mintalie Augur

^^^
  6. smash Augur

And THAT's why I want items to be like today, destroyed when you die,.
  7. Nylrem Augur

To my knowledge, the only way to actually see what your pet has equipped, is a bug that sometimes happens. Occasionally, if you get charmed then die, your pet will stick around and become a NPC that is then killable. Kill it, and you can loot/see what it was equipping.

That is how people have said they know what a pet equips upon being summoned.

Happened to me and many other pet classes several times doing TOFS raid years ago.

A magician pet, with a sufficient EM focus equipped, comes out of the box with current level summoned focus jewelry, summoned armor, mask, belt, and a cloak that changes stats depending on your EM focus.

You can give a pet a higher AC item and it will equip it over the item it's currently using.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think weapons depend on delay. You have to give a pet a lower delay weapon in order for it to equip it over the one it's currently using.

A mask is fine to replace on a pet, as long as you give it a different haste item to replace it.

A pet, like all NPCs, does not have stat 'soft caps' so giving a pet 'good' equipment greatly enhances it. Adding ~5k uncapped AC, 70k pure HP, plus tremendous amount of STR, STA, AGI, DEX, cleave, ferocity, etc from a full set of conflagrant gear has a very significant difference in tanking ability and DPS.

The drawback, of course, is it's quite costly, either in purchasing, or not selling a set you've made, and it will poof upon the pet's death.

Making dimensional warrior gear is a very inexpensive alternative compared to conflagrant, and pet will still see fairly significant increases over crappy summoned gear. Same fero and cleave as conflagrant, so DPS increase is comparable. AC and HP is still significantly higher than summoned gear, so see noticeable difference tanking, for about the same cost to make a whole set as a single piece of conflagrant's value.

Sure, it would be great to be able to inspect a pet, to see what it's equipping, but if the time consumption to do it is too great, it would likely be better used to work on other areas in game.

EVERY time they significantly mess with pets, they break them.
  8. Skewert Lorekeeper

You sure about the focus jewelry thing?

My EM23 pets have always taken only a bracer from the summoned armor bag, but they will take both the earring and ring from the summoned focus bag (not the neck or shoulders). They'll take either bracer from the summoned focus bag, but as one of the bracers has more AC than the other, if you give the pet the higher AC of the two first, it won't take the second.
  9. Nylrem Augur

Nope, not sure at all.

Sincerely doubt it's a parseable difference, either.

Summoned gear is such junk, that I doubt it makes any kind of difference whatsoever.

Other than a haste item, everything is junk. Weapons add maybe like 200 DPS or some crap, and the stat values, HP, and AC are so low vs current mobs, that it's EXTREMELY negligible.